Can't lucid dream again

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
poldasauce

Can't lucid dream again

Postby poldasauce » 09 Jan 2016 19:40

Hello, I had one lucid dream after about 2-3 days of hearing about it. I realized I was dreaming and then started flying and doing anything I wanted.
Now 1 year later and I can't seem to have another. I have increased my reality checks per day more than before. I am keeping a dream journal and remember any where from 1-7 dreams per night. I have started doing an 10 minute meditation session at night, to calm me down and focus on what I want to dream on. I have only been doing that for 2 nights now, so I am hoping this will work.
I have practiced what would happen if I found myself in a dream, and what I would do. I think about lucid dreaming everyday and really want to do it. I am also keeping a happy and light demeanor about it. i hope someone can give me anymore advice about what else I am supposed to do.
Thanks in advance!

Prince Demitri

Re: Can't lucid dream again

Postby Prince Demitri » 10 Jan 2016 01:20

Can you describe how you do your reality checks?
Oneironaut experience: ~28 years
Average LDs per month: Usually 16 to 30 (depending on whether or not I want to)

I enjoy helping others and answering questions. 8-)

poldasauce

Postby poldasauce » 10 Jan 2016 02:32

I try to push my thumb through my hand and look around for any illogical things, like stuff in dreams. I look at words multiple times to see if they change, and think back as to how I got where I am. I try to always plan that I am in a dream, and that it I possibly could be dreaming.
Thanks

Prince Demitri

Postby Prince Demitri » 10 Jan 2016 02:46

Usually, if someone has good dream recall, but is having difficulty with becoming lucid, the problem is either with the their reality checks, or with their mindset when they do reality checks.

Expecting to be dreaming when doing a reality check is a big obstacle for many people, since people generally expect to be awake. However, you said that you "plan to be dreaming" (which I assume means that your expectation is that you are dreaming when you're doing your checks). This is what you should be doing.

You mentioned that you keep a dream journal. Have you identified any dream signs?
(Dream signs are things that show up often in your dreams.)

poldasauce

Postby poldasauce » 10 Jan 2016 03:41

I keep a dream journal, but cannot seem to find any dream signs.
what should I look for?
thanks for all the help

Prince Demitri

Postby Prince Demitri » 10 Jan 2016 18:37

When you read thru past dreams in your journal, look for places, people, and objects that show up in multiple dreams (doesn't have to be something that shows up in all of them). These things would be dream signs. The more dreams they show up in, the stronger the dream sign is.

However, if your dreams are so random that nothing at all is shared between them, then you might have to continue recording your dreams until you find something common between some of them (other than the fact that you are experiencing them).

Let me know if you can find something (or more than one) of these types of things, okay?

poldasauce

Postby poldasauce » 10 Jan 2016 18:41

I will begin looking today when I have time

Prince Demitri

Postby Prince Demitri » 10 Jan 2016 19:01

Okay my friend! :)
I look forward to hearing what you find.
Cheers! 8-)

poldasauce

Postby poldasauce » 12 Jan 2016 06:11

Okay, so I don't know if this counts but I found that about 1/4 of my dreams involve me either playing or being actually in a video game. Like either I am using a controller or keyboard, or I am physically in the world of the game( even though I only spend about 15 minutes average playing video games a day). I only dream about 2-3 games specifically. Would that count as a dream sign?
Also, in some of my dreams I dream that I am lucid, so I don't actually realize I am lucid because I think I already am, if that makes any sense. I do reality checks, but don't actually realize that I am dreaming. I have had about 4 of those.
Thanks for all the help! :D

shutterbugjen

Postby shutterbugjen » 12 Jan 2016 15:23

poldasauce wrote:I found that about 1/4 of my dreams involve me either playing or being actually in a video game.

Sounds like a pretty good dream sign to me! I often see bicycles in my dreams, so I will perform a reality check whenever I see a bicycle in my waking life. I'd recommend you perform a reality check each time you play a video game, and that may serve as a cue for you to do so when you see them in your dreams. There have been several threads of discussion regarding reality checks not working and how to improve them, so I'm sure if you do a search in the forum for "reality check" you might be able to find some other good advice given by more experienced lucid dreamers than I.

Good luck!
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

Return to “For Beginners”