Babies for sale?, Abe Lincoln

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Nickfan40

Babies for sale?, Abe Lincoln

Postby Nickfan40 » 11 Jan 2016 02:04

I am listening to my cds again and eating chocolate and cheese:

I am not sure if we are in some 3rd world country or in the US. My mother and I are in some run-down shack that serves as a hospital and/or orphanage; we are getting ready to "adopt", but it's more like *buying* a baby, like in a supermarket. Or maybe we ordered one online and are there to pick it up. We are sitting in chairs by a window as if we are in a waiting room.

People come in through the door to pick up their babies. Some are in giant baskets. We see triplets in one of them. At one point, they call for a family named "Owens", but they are not there. We are then told that we will have to wait a while longer for our baby and then we leave.

I start crying as soon as we get far enough away. I don't know if it's because we got turned away, the condition of the country, the fate of the poor babies, or what. I am sitting on a chair. All of a sudden, my mother is not with me. I look up and I am in some big fancy room where there's a party going on. I look down at myself and see that I am wearing an old-fashioned, high collared dress that nearly drags the floor. I recognize it as the dress I had when I was about 11 years old. I called it my "Square-dancing dress" because it had crinoline in the skirt. I wore it to the Colonial Days festival we were having at school that year and we did some square dancing.

I walk across the room and see Abe Lincoln as he looked as President. I remember that I was reading a book about him just before going to bed last night; it was called, "Did Lincoln Own Slaves?: And Other Frequently Asked Questions About Abraham Lincoln". He reaches out to shake my hand, but doesn't say anything. I can't get over how big and strong his hand is. (I had been reading the passage about how he couldn't have had Marfan Syndrome because his hands were too strong) I turn it over to look at his palm and say, "Did you know that someone's future can be told just by looking at the palm of their hand?" I was wanting to do and say more, but the dream fades.

I'm not sure why I was at the party. Maybe I was one of Mary's friends? We're both from Lexington, KY :lol: I hope I didn't "crash" it. I wake up laughing over it. I just wish time travel was really possible so I could meet him in person.

The scene changes and I am at a yard sale in town, but it's a side of town I'd never been to before; it's a beautiful, warm, sunny, day. I see a cd/dvd case that I want and it says, "25 cents" on it. I take it to the woman to pay for it. I can see and feel the quarter in my hand. This is strange because in some dreams, I don't have any money to buy things.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”