I knew I was dreaming, but nothing happened???

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Merrick

I knew I was dreaming, but nothing happened???

Postby Merrick » 12 Jan 2016 06:48

Hello,

So in the past 2 weeks I had 2 dreams in which I knew I was dreaming, but nothing really happened.

For example, my dog is not allowed upstairs so whenever he goes up there, I have to go get him and bring him back down. In my dream he went upstairs and I was lying on my sofa (where I was currently taking my afternoon nap), but in my dream I realized "AHH I dont wanna get up.. Wait, this is a dream, I don't have to go get him". But that was it or at least all I can remember.

What's going on? Shouldn't I have had some sort of lucid clarity?

PS, I never had a lucid dream yet. I have had about ~4 dreams so far in which I realized I was dreaming but it was very fuzzy and I ended up waking up right away.

shutterbugjen

Re: I knew I was dreaming, but nothing happened???

Postby shutterbugjen » 12 Jan 2016 15:17

Hi there! All it takes to qualify for a lucid dream is exactly what you said "I knew I was dreaming." I'm new at this too, and my first couple of lucid dreams were also very fuzzy, and from the accounts I've read from others that's pretty common. If you go to the main site and click on "articles" there is a WEALTH of information on how to get started with lucid dreaming, how to create stability and clarity within the dream. You're already on the right track if you're experiencing lucid dreams randomly like that!
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Feb 2016 07:20

You need to train yourself to in a relaxed manner to take some action as soon as you are aware you are dreaming.. eg briskly rubbing your hands together and repeating to yourself "this is a dream" is one action you could take to try to stabilise yourself into the dream.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

ThePickaxe2

Postby ThePickaxe2 » 27 Feb 2016 04:44

I realized I was dreaming but it was very fuzzy and I ended up waking up right away.

I am new to lucid dreams, and I read up on techniques and more on the site. However, just like you, I achieved lucidity but it diminished in under 10 seconds, because I didn't know what to do. Tonight I hope to succeed, good luck to you.

Return to “For Beginners”