Some questions I have...

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Yumekai

Some questions I have...

Postby Yumekai » 14 Jan 2016 01:06

So last night when I was about to fall asleep, a strong image came to my mind out of nowhere.(As described in of the ''ILD'' techniques) Does that mean I was close to the ''dreaming state''?(This happened a few times to me and for some reason it always seems to be a scary image but sometimes I also see random things that I wasn't even close to thinking about) I didn't let the image flow because it was a scary thing though.. Also, the night before, I dreamed that I was reading comments on a youtube video and one of them said ''this is so lucid, it's almost like a dream''. Does that mean I'm getting close to lucid dreaming?
Also, how long does a lucid dream last? like, how much time do I have to play around and stuff.
And how often do lucid dreamers lucid dream?
Last thing I wanted to mention is in a dream, I recently looked at my phone and the words were all messed up and I couldn't read and in another dream I was writing in school and there was a text I wrote in my notebook but as I looked at the words closer and closer they started to become scribbles (like a 2 year old with a pen would do). Why am I not noticing all these dream signs?

shutterbugjen

Re: Some questions I have...

Postby shutterbugjen » 15 Jan 2016 16:22

Yumekai wrote:I dreamed that I was reading comments on a youtube video and one of them said ''this is so lucid, it's almost like a dream''. Does that mean I'm getting close to lucid dreaming?

Things like that happen to me a lot, and it is *so* frustrating when I wake up and realize I missed an opportunity! Yes, I'd say that your subconscious is starting to understand that you are desiring to become lucid in your dreams, so it is responding. I had a dream where I was complaining to my husband that I hadn't had a lucid dream yet. I had another dream where I was shouting over and over to myself "I want to become lucid!!" but I thought I was in waking life, just thinking about lucidity and hoping it would materialize in my dreams that night! You're getting closer to achieving lucidity, that's for sure! Keep up your reality checks and have a plan in mind for what you want to do the first time you have a lucid dream.
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”