Another new dreamer

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
mikeman7918

Another new dreamer

Postby mikeman7918 » 14 Jan 2016 18:17

Hello! I am an 18 year old male from the mountainous deserts of Utah in the United States.

Almost a month ago, I heard about remote viewing which lead to me researching astral projection which lead me to lucid dreaming. I am about 85% sure that astral projection is just lucid dreaming, but I won't decide for sure until I try both.

I have been attempting to lucid dream for the better part of a week, but the first night actually brought be so close to success and I have been trying to replicate it ever since.

Before I went to sleep I listened to theta frequency binaural beats. Later, I was in a dream and I noticed out of the corner of my eye that my reflection was not right. When I looked, instead of my reflection I saw my sister. I then concluded that it was a dream but I got too exited and woke up. I then went to sleep and had another dream where I realized that it was a weekend yet I was in school, and there were a few other weird things that alerted me to it being a dream. I again got too exited and woke up, but after that I started experiencing all the vibrations and stuff associated with astral projection to which I didn't react fast enough. At that point it was 8:00 AM so I just decided to get up. In the 5 nights since I haven't experienced anything near that level of success, but the initial success has really kept me motivated. I am also trying the WBTB method which hasn't worked so far.

I want to lucid dream mostly because it sounds really fun. I would love to mess with a portal gun, fly historic rockets, fly science fiction space ships, be Mark Wattney, be a Jedi, use a TARDIS, blow up a planet, demolish a city, have superpowers, eat a pound of bacon, be a ninja, and fly more space ships. Space ships are the best. I would also love to try some of the stuff I heard about like asking questions to dream characters and learning more about myself.

I am actually a rather good animator, and I think it might be fun to animate some of my dreams, lucid or otherwise. Animation is also an art form that stands to improve with lucid dreaming.

I am very exited to have my first lucid dream and be a part of this forum on which I have done some lurking for a few days. Any advice would be appreciated.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

mikeman7918

Re: Another new dreamer

Postby mikeman7918 » 14 Jan 2016 18:41

Another neat thing is that after I woke up from my first near success, I did a reality check by looking in the mirror and during that it hit me that this feels just as real as my dream. I have been familiar with the concept that our experience with the world is just an illusion created from sensory information and I know about things like the simulated multiverse hypothesis on an intellectual level, but that was the first time that it really registered for me that if none of this were real then I would be none the wiser. It was a very strange experience.

EDIT: reworded it so it doesn't sound like I believe the simulated multiverse to be anything more then a hypothesis.

Last edited by mikeman7918 on 14 Jan 2016 20:22, edited 1 time in total.

Prince Demitri

Postby Prince Demitri » 14 Jan 2016 20:03

Welcome Mike!

I've had similar realizations and thoughts about the simulated multiverse hypothesis. I honestly don't know what to think about that, but its led to some interesting conversations with friends. :)

Cheers! 8-)
Oneironaut experience: ~28 years
Average LDs per month: Usually 16 to 30 (depending on whether or not I want to)

I enjoy helping others and answering questions. 8-)

mikeman7918

Postby mikeman7918 » 14 Jan 2016 20:19

I should clarify that when I said "none of this could be real" I meant that it's possible that it's it real. Just like you, I simply entertain the idea.

Prince Demitri

Postby Prince Demitri » 14 Jan 2016 20:44

That what I understood you to mean my friend. :)

shutterbugjen

Postby shutterbugjen » 15 Jan 2016 15:58

Hi Mike! Welcome to the group! I love your ideas of things you want to accomplish in lucid dreams. Especially the pound of bacon. Yum! lol! I want to explore coral reefs, explore all the planets in our solar system, and sing a duet with Bing Crosby. :)

I've had three lucid dreams, and it is baffling just how "real" it all feels. I've been reading the book Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self by Robert Waggoner, and he talks in great length about "talking to the dream" and conversing with dream figures to probe deeper into one's own consciousness. I once asked a dream figure "What do you represent?" and she replied "Your childhood." (This was in a dream where I was faced with an ethical dilemma, and needed to be reminded about what I already knew I believed about the situation.) Anyhoo. The next time I become lucid I am planning to ask a dream figure about the nature of the dreamspace-- "I only come here when I am asleep. What happens to YOU when I am sleeping? Do other people who are sleeping come to this same place?" We'll see if I have success with that!

Looking forward to many lively discussions with you about lucid dreaming! Let us know when you get to fly your spaceship!
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

Prince Demitri

Postby Prince Demitri » 15 Jan 2016 16:14

Speaking of bacon, has anyone besides me heard of what a team at Oregon State University has accomplished? Evidently, they've successfully developed a new type of seaweed that's more nutritious than kale, and tastes like bacon! Mmmm... Bacon!

Since I'm an alumnus at OSU, and it's not far away (about 1.5 hours by car), I'm thinking about taking a short road trip up there to see if I can get a taste of it. If I do, I'll report back on whether or not it really tastes like bacon (and if the texture makes it weird or not).

Cheers! 8-)

shutterbugjen

Postby shutterbugjen » 15 Jan 2016 16:26

We eagerly await your report!

The other day a friend of mine who is a dental hygienist posted a picture of....[i]BACON FLAVORED DENTAL FLOSS.[i] I feel fairly certain my flossing regimen would be much improved with such a thing.
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

geo

Postby geo » 17 Jan 2016 02:08

Hiya Mikeman!

I am also new here and your new member post is the first I read and it had me laughing thinking about how you would wake out of shear excitement when things started popping for you hehe.

It is so exciting to see this in young adults. Dreams can become reality! You are a very spirited dreamer; never loose sight of your dreams, no matter what comes your way.

Keep dreaming BIG!

Namaste
geo
Thought + emotion = creative energy in your reality. Raise your vibration becoming like Teflon. In this state lower vibrations you come in contact with will not affect you stunting your future and life you desire and so richly deserve.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”