Partial memory recall

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Luciddreamer007

Partial memory recall

Postby Luciddreamer007 » 20 Jan 2016 14:14

Hello guys,

sometimes in LD and normal ones, I can remeber talking to a perosn without remembering the face of the person, while I can remmeber the suit that he/she was wearing. It could happen that I remember being ina building but then I cant tell you what Ive done there
OR I remember that I played piano but Im clueless about the melody at the moment of not being in the Theta or alpha wave state.

Its similar to remembering early childhood memories.

Does it happen to some of you ?
everything is amplificated in dreams except memory

expect the unexpected

A LD is like being drunk: the morning after you dont remember everything, you get horny and when you hit the ground you dont feel pain

shutterbugjen

Re: Partial memory recall

Postby shutterbugjen » 21 Jan 2016 00:44

Luciddreamer007 wrote:Does it happen to some of you ?

All. The. Time.

Do you make a regular habit of recording your dreams daily? Either in writing or a voice recorder of some kind? About a month ago I started regularly recording my dreams in a notebook and I've found that by doing that on a regular basis, I'm now remembering so much more from all of my dreams. Of course there are periods where dream recall is low to begin with. But if you haven't already, try writing your dreams down as soon as you wake up and you may see an improvement in what you remember!
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

Carter Blunt

Postby Carter Blunt » 27 Jan 2016 06:02

I think I wrote an awesome song in one of my dreams, and it pissed me off that I woke up and couldn't remember the tune.

Luciddreamer007

Postby Luciddreamer007 » 29 Jan 2016 21:26

dammm this sucks happens to me too I know this fel bro
everything is amplificated in dreams except memory

expect the unexpected

A LD is like being drunk: the morning after you dont remember everything, you get horny and when you hit the ground you dont feel pain

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 31 Jan 2016 13:34

As someone said, if you don't write your dreams in a journal or a notebook, start right away becuase it will increase your dream recall amazingly.

Furethermore, when you wake up try to think firstly about what you dreamed or what you thought a second ago, try first thing in the morning to remember your dreams and try not moving much because it can cause your dream to fade away.

Try these methods and your dream recall will majorly increase.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”