Attacked during sleep paralysis, how to stop it?

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
Tiana11

Attacked during sleep paralysis, how to stop it?

Postby Tiana11 » 21 Jan 2016 14:47

Hi guys, so basically ive been interested in astral projection. I havent fully projected yet but have had a few almost there experiences. Ive been getting quite a lot of sleep paralysis lately though, where i wont be able to move my body but ill be able to see around my room and ill hear this really loud buzzing. I read online that you can astral project from sleep paralysis if you relax enough and i have tried but so far to no avail.

The only problem stopping me now is two experiences ive had during paralysis.
Both times ive felt and heard someone else in the room with me.
The first time i went into sleep paralysis my bedroom door was slightly open and i could hear water running from my kichten sink. I could hear footsteps outside my door and heard a female voice. She sounded evil and i heard her say "lets burn her." It really creeped me out and of course i became very scared and started to panic and tried desperately to move by body. I kept waking up and going straight back into paralysis with the loud buzzing which was really horrible. This went on for a while until i finally managed to move my body and get out of it.
The second time i woke to the loud buzzing and paralysis and could see my room again, but there was a female presence in the room with me who attacked me this time. I had the duvet slightly over my face so couldnt see her properly but she climbed on top of me and seemed to be scratching at my body. I could feel pain as she did this and even felt the pain after when i woke. I tried desperately to move and get her off me. Again i kept waking up and going straight back into the paralysis until it finally stopped.
Ive had a few more times since then where i have the paralysis. I have tried my best to relax as i do really want to astral project but now i get scared and panic until i can move my body again.

Does anyone have any tips on how i can overcome this fear and why i was 'attacked by this thing. Would love to hear anyone with similar experiences. :D

Wiatr

Re: Attacked during sleep paralysis, how to stop it?

Postby Wiatr » 21 Jan 2016 20:47

You weren't attacked literally, because that thing wasn't real. We could experience hypnagogia during sleep paraysis (and when we are falling asleep). You want monster to leave you - calm down and just say it. Nothing can hurt you. Think of something nice or funny. Focus on body sensations - vibrations, strange feelings. Where the hell is your arm? Are you levitating? What is that noise? Etc. Sing (in your mind ;)), repeat some mantra. It has to be fun!

As to astral projection... I personally don't believe in OOBE. It looks like some kind of LD (everything is similar, the only difference is what we expect to happen - it's just incubation, like we incubate themes of our dreams).

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 22 Jan 2016 04:30

I recommend the following -

- Website - Dream Studies Portal - dreamstudies.org - Hosted by Ryan Hurd

On Home page - click tab "Sleep Paralysis" - includes about 20 informative articles - I recommend -
- "How To Encourage Sleep Paralysis As A Gateway To Extraordinary Dreaming"
- "10 Ways To Prevent Sleep Paralysis"
- "9 Ways To Wake Up From Sleep Paralysis"
Ryan's "ultimate" suggestion is to - "scrunch up your face, squint, and growl. Do this 4 or 5 times."

Sleep paralysis happens when part of the mind is asleep and part of the mind is awake simultaneously. This is also the twilight state of consciousness during which many people may experience hypnagogia - hearing strange sounds, feeling unusual body sensations, or being certain that you are awake and there is a menacing presence in your room.

If you become aware of this kind of weird, spectral presence (see suggestions in Ryan Hurd's articles). Also, try to relax and remind yourself this this is a natural borderline sleep experience. Concentrate breathing in a calm manner, and imagine that you are surrounded by a warm, protective light.

Even if your body can't move, you can imagine engaging in battle with the hallucinatory intruder. However, such a figure seems to be a personification of the dreamer's fear of unknown elements of the dream world.

A year or so ago, when I was half asleep/half awake, I suddenly became aware that a dark, frightening demon was next to my bed. I could "feel" him pressing down of the mattress, and he growled menacingly in my ear. I calmed down and decided to say to him, "I love you". He instantly disappeared, and I woke up laughing. I though, "That was great! He looked just like a demon from some Middle Ages painting, and telling him that I loved him got rid of him like a magic spell!"

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 19 Feb 2016 12:47

Real (astral entity) or dream, they are dealt with in the same manner by just ordering them to go away. If you believe in Jesus do an order to be gonein his name. If you aren't christian... focus on your heart and think of something which makes you feel love and then project this energy at the entity or dream creation. Another thing you can do is call for divine energy and project it at the thing, I do that while focused on my crown and the divine and project bright white divine light out throu my palms at it. Even real negative things will flee at that (well usually), they cant usually handle good energies, it actually hurts them. Ive had them leave shrieking in pain.

so don't be afraid experiment.

If its dream creations you may be able to also alter their forms just with your thoughts, I once in a LD changed an evil demon with glowing red eyes who wanted to kill me into a small innocent child. Don't give dream thoughtforms nor entities any power by being afraid of them.

Is what you experiencing "the old hag"? beings out there become more vulnerable when we are out with them as we can see them and easily hurt them. The old hag images may also be caused by peoples own subconsciousness (sometimes called the watcher on the threshold, the subconsciousness not wanting people to get out of their comfort zone so trying to stop you from doing something new... so it can be a form of self sabortage of your goals

if it is a real entity, you may be also able to stop it by shielding yourself with divine light, just call for this and imagine it and imagine it all over you, surrounding and protecting you. (most of those entities are very weak).

to break paralyses, don't try getting up, instead just focus hard on wiggling a toe or finger and this will more easily break it. Once you know you can easily break it at will, the SP should be less scary for you. SP never bothers me as I know that with a bit of effort and going about doing so in the right way, I can break it at any time.

I suggest to overcome your fear of being stuck in SP first (and then you are less likely to have the experiences you are currently having)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Skippy23000

Postby Skippy23000 » 29 Mar 2016 21:50

It wasn't real. OH it was a real sensation but it was YOUR sensation. It was YOUR projection. When you realize this and tell yourself its all mental phenomena, it will stop. At least it did for men. BUT you have to remember to do so.

ALSO after you have dealt with this and gone into a full lucid dream address the consciousness behind the dream and ask what the projection represented. What fear or problem are you carrying around with you that wants to get your attention. It might take a few times but the consciousness awareness behind the dream will respond. Most people don't realize this. Robert Waggoner in his book Lucid Dreams: gateway to the innerself talks about this.

RobertForsythe

Postby RobertForsythe » 03 Apr 2016 05:00

It might take a few times but the consciousness awareness behind the dream will respond. Most people don't realize this. Robert Waggoner in his book Lucid Dreams: gateway to the innerself talks about this.

The Waggoner book again?... geez Skippy, do ya think you're being a little too obvious ?

I suggest you read the book; How I Project Consciousness In 15 Minutes Or Less & How You can Too" by Robert Forsythe
8-)
How I Project Consciousness In 15 Minutes Or Less & How You Can Too
by Robert Forsythe

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 04 Apr 2016 17:12

Skippy23000 wrote:It wasn't real. OH it was a real sensation but it was YOUR sensation. It was YOUR projection. When you realize this and tell yourself its all mental phenomena, it will stop. At least it did for men. BUT you have to remember to do so.

ALSO after you have dealt with this and gone into a full lucid dream address the consciousness behind the dream and ask what the projection represented. What fear or problem are you carrying around with you that wants to get your attention. It might take a few times but the consciousness awareness behind the dream will respond. Most people don't realize this. Robert Waggoner in his book Lucid Dreams: gateway to the innerself talks about this.

I've read Waggoner's book. In fact, I still have it on my shelf. In his own language, he pretty much encourages aspirant lucid dreamers to be in touch with their subconscious. I think the book has a New Age slant towards the end which made me a bit uncomfortable but rather than being disappointed, I decided that the author was being speculative about 'talking' to the cosmos and this one answering back. Interesting read nonetheless. :)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Skippy23000

Postby Skippy23000 » 05 Apr 2016 09:51

Yes, you read it. DID YOU TRY it? I have and had
good results. As to whether one is really talking to the cosmos is
irrelevant and should not stop earnest investigation. I wouldn't
close up shop just because of someones terminology. Just
my opinion.

Skippy23000

Postby Skippy23000 » 05 Apr 2016 09:54

Obvious about what? That I really liked the book?
Absolutely. So whats your point. If your trying to goat an argument Im not
interested. Some people are NOT aware of the book or its insights.

RobertForsythe

Postby RobertForsythe » 08 Apr 2016 04:26

Skippy23000 wrote:Obvious about what? That I really liked the book?
Absolutely. So whats your point. If your trying to goat an argument Im not
interested. Some people are NOT aware of the book or its insights.

Sorry, man... its just that it started looking like some kinda man crush thing going on there, Skippy.

I read the book years ago and it was pretty good. I liked it. I can see it worth a mention or two... maybe three even if the context overlaps just right... especially if you quote some of the content and tell us how you think it informs the thread readers relevantly in some valuable manner.
It is just that... all these "you should read this book" type suggestions with no content based relevant commentary just sorta irk me a little.
Its a personal thing, I guess.
In hindsight I probably shouldn't have said anything. (live & learn)
How I Project Consciousness In 15 Minutes Or Less & How You Can Too
by Robert Forsythe

Return to “Paranormal Activity”