Lucid dreaming books

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Go left

Lucid dreaming books

Postby Go left » 30 Jan 2016 07:26

I've just read two great books on lucid dreaming I thought I would share. The first and my favourite is "dreams of awakening" by Charlie Morley, and the other is ''exploring the world of lucid dreaming'' by Stephen La berge.

I had been lucid dreaming for a few years before I read these, so I already knew most of the techniques for getting lucid. What I didn't realise is how important is it to be flexible and open and non dominate in the dream world. To practice compassion and integrate your shadow self is probably one of the best things you could do for growth and becoming whole.

Does anyone have any other books they would recommend??
First level your mind, and then the earth will be level. Even unto Mount Sumeru

jasmine2

Re: Lucid dreaming books

Postby jasmine2 » 01 Feb 2016 01:49

Go left,
I've read the 2 books you recommended, by Charley Morley and Stephen La Berge, and I really enjoyed them. I also suggest the following. -

(1) Here at world-of-lucid-dreaming.com - Home page -
See - Articles and Resources (Including - Bestselling books on lucid dreaming)

(2) My favorite book on lucid dreaming is -
"Lucid Dreaming: Gateway To The Inner Self" - by Robert Waggoner
Includes much wise information about the basics, and also about advanced stages of lucid dreaming.

(3) - Website - Lucid Dreaming Experience - dreaminglucid.com
See LDE Magazine - Archives - online, free
Robert Waggoner is co-host of this website.

(4) Website - Dream Studies Portal/ Lucid Dreaming and Consciousness Research - dreamstudies.org - Hosted by Ryan Hurd
Many interesting articles and resources

(5) Book - "Lucid Dreaming: Dawning Of The Clear Light" by G. Scott Sparrow - dreamstudies.org
(Read all 64 pages - online - free)

(6) Book - "Conscious Dreaming" - by Robert Moss

(7) Website - Robert Moss Blog - mossblog.blogspot.com

(8) YouTube - "Gateways Live - Interviews Dr. Clare Johnson, author and lucid dream researcher"
posted by GatewaysOfTheMind
(Video is a little slow in loading)
Includes discussion about lucid dreaming and the creative process.

Go left

Postby Go left » 09 Feb 2016 07:14

Thanks for all the great info Jasmine. I've been checking out the websites this week and found some cool stuff. Cheers for the book recommendations they sound great i'll defiantly give them a read. On my searches I also came across "a field guide to lucid dreaming" with author Thomas Peisel who turns out to be a real funny guy
First level your mind, and then the earth will be level. Even unto Mount Sumeru

Letsgetlucid

Postby Letsgetlucid » 20 Feb 2016 17:35

Go left wrote:I've just read two great books on lucid dreaming I thought I would share. The first and my favourite is "dreams of awakening" by Charlie Morley, and the other is ''exploring the world of lucid dreaming'' by Stephen La berge.

I had been lucid dreaming for a few years before I read these, so I already knew most of the techniques for getting lucid. What I didn't realise is how important is it to be flexible and open and non dominate in the dream world. To practice compassion and integrate your shadow self is probably one of the best things you could do for growth and becoming whole.

Does anyone have any other books they would recommend??

I'm not too sure about other books to read other than the ones stated, but, I would just search up online books that Stephen La Berge and Charlie Morley (and others of course) have composed about lucid dreaming. I'm currently re-reading "Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming" by Stephen La Berge so I'm able to cement it into the depths of my brain.
Last edited by Letsgetlucid on 23 Feb 2016 00:45, edited 1 time in total.

1DayDreamer

Postby 1DayDreamer » 21 Feb 2016 06:37

The book I swear by is "A Field Guide to Lucid Dreaming: Mastering the Art of Oneironautics"
Book by Dylan Tuccillo, Jared Zeizel, and Thomas Peisel. It taught me so much. I suggest reading through the whole thing once and then flipping to sections that talk about something you're struggling with anytime. It's a good read and great reference book. :3

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”