DCs kicked me out of dream!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Harry Potter

DCs kicked me out of dream!

Postby Harry Potter » 31 Jan 2016 18:47

I've been pretty skeptical of the subliminal video on world of lucid dreaming, but last night I gave it a go. Lo and behold, I had an LD. I'm still not sure if it was a coincidence or not, but who knows.

But anyways: I am standing in the great hall of Hogwarts, and spells are flying all around me. I join in the battle. A few minutes later, I'm trying to cast a spell and it's just not working. It hits me- "duh: I'm dreaming!" I get up and walk into the middle of the battle.

In my previous LDs, I always get so caught up in doing something cool that I don't appreciate how real the dream world is.

So I walk into the middle of the hall, and just take in the surrounding whilst rubbing my hands together. I look down at the floor, observing all the details of the tiles. I tell the people around me to get out of the way. I turn, and look out the window: I see a mountain covered with trees; it all looks so real. However, a mass of DCs all of a sudden swarm around me, rather violently, actually. They throw me to the ground. As I hit the ground, I find myself in my bed. I RC quickly to make sure this isn't an FA, but sadly, I have woken up for real.

Why did my DCs do that??? I wasn't hoping they wouldn't or anything, and I wasn't hoping they would... Thoughts, anyone?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
DILD's: 17

WILD's: 2

Current LD Goals: shapeshift (Probably my favorite thing to do), and jump off of a skyscraper

Carter Blunt

Re: DCs kicked me out of dream!

Postby Carter Blunt » 31 Jan 2016 23:10

DCs aren't real. "They" didn't do anything, your subconscious did. You haven't learned to ignore unsatisfactory outcomes. Like, for example you are walking across a bridge and just know it's about to fall apart, but you start thinking, "Nope, that's not gonna happen, nope"... and it doesn't happen. The dream world isn't real either, there's nothing to kick you out of. You woke up for the same reason you wake up from any falling dream, which is because it's shocking. You go into somewhat of a panic, your heart rate increases, maybe you are about to start acting out defensively in real life, so your brain wakes you up to keep you from injuring yourself.

jasmine2

Re: DCs kicked me out of dream!

Postby jasmine2 » 01 Feb 2016 00:27

Harry Potter,
You describe how you became aware that you were having a lucid dream, but then a group of dream characters threw you to the ground, and this caused you to wake up from the dream.

I suggest that the DCs were actually helping you to gain dreaming skill. Their action triggered your realization at the moment of awakening, "I just had a lucid dream!" And every time you remember that your were lucidly aware in a dream, this makes it easier to have more lucid dreams.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”