Tried WILD, body almost went to sleep but it didn't.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Tom538

Tried WILD, body almost went to sleep but it didn't.

Postby Tom538 » 01 Feb 2016 09:05

Hi everybody,

so last night I tried WILD before I went to sleep. I relaxed my body, and after I dont know, maybe 10 - 15 minutes or something I felt my heartbeat go faster and my body feeling a little different.

I know this is supposed to happen but... it just stayed like that, my body didn't go in sleep paralysis so after maybe 30 seconds I just stopped because it didn't seem like it was gonna happen, I know it doesnt take long to get into sleep paralysis so...

Can anybody tell me what I might have done wrong??? I've read that it feels like your body is pressed on or something, I didn't feel anything like that.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

taniaaust1

Re: Tried WILD, body almost went to sleep but it didn't.

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Feb 2016 06:38

know this is supposed to happen but... it just stayed like that, my body didn't go in sleep paralysis so after maybe 30 seconds I just stopped because it didn't seem like it was gonna happen, I

You are being far too impatient giving up after 30 seconds! (give yourself 20-45 mins in that state).. just simply stay relaxed and observe the situation as you allow yourself to go to sleep.

Second you are aiming for wrong thing.. you should aim for a LD state rather then sleep paralyses. many experience sleep paralyse and still don't LD and not everyone who LDs experiences sleep paralyse, that is just something which may be a side affect of heading towards right state.

anyway.. you started off well,.. relaxing and staying aware..but then quit too soon. And get rid of any notiions you have of your body needs to feel like this or that, it will feel different to different people as you head towards right state..some may feel very heavy, others may feel very light. Whatever you feel if it doesn't pull you away from the state you can imagine intensifying to help separate your experience from normal reality.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”