build it, construct it ... make it exist

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
flyinghighagain

build it, construct it ... make it exist

Postby flyinghighagain » 02 Feb 2016 22:16

and through shallow like graves, they would appear nightly!!, for months, ~ usually by a dozen or so, I tried talking to them in the language I know, but long forgotten by them.. I learned to read their thoughts, trying to read the blueprints of their minds, I was finally understanding ... aliens? spirits? I wasn't sure .... they insistently fed my mind, wanted me to build it, construct it, make it exist ... and so I finally did, and found myself crossing into the world of the non-living ... half invisible thin arms, yet strong hands, on top of mine to try and show me what they wanted me to build, ~ and kept feeding my mind of all the things needed to fulfill their desire, one came right into my face, whispering, whispering, demanding, ..... I realized I needed to build "it" and possibly quiet them from the torments of desperation, anguish and despair that I felt so heavily in my room, every night, for MONTHS! ... as I slept ... I worked and worked ... and so "it" was completed.... I stood back and hardly admired this shallow looking coffin that stood a foot off the ground, and I felt their content~ Colorful lights blinking like a frenzy of illuminated fire flies all along the sides of this .. time capsule (?) ....large enough to hold the size of one human body and a "cover" to pull over, once inside ... it was then, I noticed the ON button, which I did not remember making... there was an "8 minute" timer button, that lay on the outside, unlit .... but I finally understood what the purpose of this "time capsule" .... *** 8 Minutes to Visit the Earthbound *** thoughts, anyone??

taniaaust1

Re: build it, construct it ... make it exist

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Feb 2016 00:20

that sounds very much like a reincurring dream which plays out night after night, often building onto the dream (I had reincurring dream as a child, my reincurring dream wasn't as pleasant as yours was as mine wsa a nightmare where I had a witch hunting me). The button was there as subconsciously your dream was created it. If they could create things and created a button, why would they seek help to create the object? so it only makes sense your subconscious/dream self did.

I'm very open to things and believe in spirits and aliens and telepathy but this experience I'd have to say from what you said, would make no sense if it wasn't a dream. Why would beings ask someone who didn't really know what they were doing to create something for them? why you? why do that if they can create themselves?

The sudden understanding going on too out of the blue after what you'd done.. very dream like. (no doubt in your dream you'd wanted to understand what you were doing and what you want in a dream usually manifests as long as it doesn't go against whatever your subconciousness wants to create.. so suddenly in the dream you have understanding).

It could be more useful to do dream analyses on this as obviously this symbolism was important to you in some way seeing it occurred for so long and made such an impact on you.

I realized I needed to build "it" and possibly quiet them from the torments of desperation, anguish and despair that I felt so heavily in my room, every night, for MONTHS!

I suggest to think about what in your life did you need to actually do or change or bring in during the time you were having this dream. What in your life did you actually need to "create" and intensely desired. What on some level was giving you despair as you didn't have? What did you need or need to do or change.... What in your life were you working on?

and so "it" was completed.... I stood back and hardly admired this shallow looking coffin that stood a foot off the ground

It may of been over a situation that you needed to lay to rest and move on from.. eg create a new situation due to needing to move on from the old. hence symbolism of beings laying in shallow graves needing help .. and backed in the symbolism later by leaving the old behind = "time capsule"

Colorful lights blinking like a frenzy of illuminated fire flies all along the sides of this .. time capsule (?) ....large enough to hold the size of one human body and a "cover" to pull over, once inside ... it was then, I noticed the ON button, which I did not remember making... there was an "8 minute" timer button, that lay on the outside, unlit .... but I finally understood what the purpose of this "time capsule

There is what I call symbolism dream flow there of the subconscious expressing the same message over and over but in different ways, very commonly dreams try giving off strings of repeat message/symbolism eg
1/ "lights" often represent illuminaton..
2/ "on" button.. on is like symbolism for go ahead or understanding, thinking is switched on one could say = illumination.
3/ "I finally understood" = illumination

I'd think from this dream that whatever you were trying to change and create at the time in your life..and finally did, that you gained some understanding about something from doing so.
Last edited by taniaaust1 on 21 Feb 2016 00:45, edited 2 times in total.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

ThePurple

Postby ThePurple » 21 Feb 2016 00:44

Have you seen the 1997 movie titled Contact? Maybe a very long time ago?

Your mind has created this intense recurring dream for a reason, it seems. If you are able to become lucid during one of these, ask them why they're here in your dream, what's with the coffins, the time travel, etc. Figure out what the depths of your mind might be trying to express to your consciousness.

[EDIT: I replied as though this was ongoing. If not, you may still ask for someone in a different type of lucid dream to explain it to you.)

ThePurple

Postby ThePurple » 21 Feb 2016 00:58

Heh. taniaaust1 was editing their post while I wrote my last.
I must say I'm wary of external dream interpretations. There are a small handful of (arguably) universal dream symbols, but, gosh, coffins really aren't one of them. It's very elegant and all to say that it's "laying a situation to rest," but metaphors depend greatly on the mind creating them.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Feb 2016 01:42

ThePurple wrote:Heh. taniaaust1 was editing their post while I wrote my last.
I must say I'm wary of external dream interpretations. There are a small handful of (arguably) universal dream symbols, but, gosh, coffins really aren't one of them. It's very elegant and all to say that it's "laying a situation to rest," but metaphors depend greatly on the mind creating them.

nods agree one has to be wary with dream interpretations as a single symbol can mean so many different things along with possibly having one of the universal meanings, hence only the dreamer can truly be the one who can know if an interpretation is probably along the right lines or not.

the "putting a situation to rest" though could also be symbolised by the time capsule symbol too and also by the action of something having been completed (when the thing was built and completed).

When I try to dream analyse I look for reincurring themes in a dream to help to vertify that one is "probably" on the right track with taking a symbol a certain way rather then having taken it in the so many other ways it could of been taken.

Generally, I'll look at the dream as a whole. does there seem to be an overall story to it? and then each individual symbol and look to see if the other symbols then tally with whatever I'm thinking it may mean. I like to see a symbols possible meaning expressed by at least 2 other completely different symbols in the persons dream (I also will be watching out for symbols which point to no I'm probably on wrong track with my thought). This helps in aiding to have a lot higher accuracy rate with dream interpretation (which one then can only know by the feed back of the actual dreamer).

When I used to do dream interpretations for people ... many many years ago, I used to have about an 80% accuracy rate (with strangers saying I was correct) with how I do it (and with the training I've had in symbols and meanings.. I went to weekly classes for several years to study the language of subsconscious symbolism. Ive unfortunately though forgot many of the possible meanings due to my health - memory problems so its not as easy for me to "analyse" these now and I'd be missing a lot of the dream connections).

On some occasions on past Ive been able to follow the symbolism to the point while I'm being told a dream that I know even before I read or hear what other symbols will be likely coming into anothers dream and what will happen around that symbol (cause of the reincurring patterns of symbols and the connections and many symbols are common). that gets me "oh how did you know I dreamed that? I did dream that" surprised kind of response .. there has been times when I'm actually be able to correctly state the last half of someones dream before they've told me through this. I knew the dream as Ive understand what their subconsciousness was trying to get across to them.

so yeah, though there is tons of randomness in the meanings of a symbol.. if you seek vertification in the persons dream at least twice more of a symbols meaning via other symbols seemily unrelated till you analyse and make sure there isn't conflicting symbols to whatever you think.. you are more likely to get meaning correct. (the more details the person gives the better as it aids in helping rule certain meanings out or in).

I love dreams, you can have so much fun with them and their meanings. It's probably even more fun when you look at tiny aspects of a dream and try to get a lot more out of those and then wait to see if you were probably right or not via persons response.

I'd think this person gained their understanding of this situation through time and observation eg studying the coffin before the illumination symbols started happened (it makes sense something was being observed in the dream before things like lights symbols appear (if I was given a list of symbols and asked to put into order without having read this persons dream, I'd certainly put "studying coffin" before "lights" happened (once again its about dream flow so order of some symbols can be fairly predictable).. and time being a vague message in "time" capsule, so time aspect could be important too and in the dream it took time for their understanding to come in about what they were doing.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

ThePurple

Postby ThePurple » 21 Feb 2016 05:15

taniaaust1 wrote: the "putting a situation to rest" though could also be symbolised by the time capsule symbol too and also by the action of something having been completed (when the thing was built and completed).

When I try to dream analyse I look for reincurring themes in a dream to help to vertify that one is "probably" on the right track...

Of course you can find more elements to support your initial read. Alternative explanations become difficult to discover once the first judgment is made. This is just human nature. What agrees moves to the fore, what seems irrelevant is regarded as such because the core message has already been decided.

taniaaust1 wrote: When I used to do dream interpretations for people ... many many years ago, I used to have about an 80% accuracy rate (with strangers saying I was correct)

Respectfully, it's hard for me to know what this means, without knowing the nature of the exchanges, and what "correct" looks like.

taniaaust1 wrote: On some occasions on past Ive been able to follow the symbolism to the point while I'm being told a dream that I know even before I read or hear what other symbols will be likely coming into anothers dream and what will happen around that symbol

Sure, I can see that.

taniaaust1 wrote:(the more details the person gives the better as it aids in helping rule certain meanings out or in).

Many details in the OP are conspicuously absent from your interpretation process.

I'll also note that it certainly sounded nightmarish to me...
flyinghighagain wrote:torments of desperation, anguish and despair that I felt so heavily in my room, every night, for MONTHS!
...yet you characterized it as "pleasant" and in contrast to your childhood nightmares.

taniaaust1 wrote: and time being a vague message in "time" capsule, so time aspect could be important too and in the dream it took time for their understanding to come in about what they were doing.

Well... yeah. Time is important to lots of people. Most, I'd venture.

Vague really is the operative word, here.

The question to me is this:

Does it benefit a person more to have an explanation that seems to fit, whether or not it's right, than to have no explanation at all?

Return to “Paranormal Activity”