Too short lucid dreams.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
ogiknez

Too short lucid dreams.

Postby ogiknez » 04 Feb 2016 00:30

My lucid dreams are just too short.
I don't even freak out about having a lucid dream,I'm calm.
I rub my hands,spin around,and yet I simply lose the connection to the dream,I don't wake up.
Anyone got through this problem?
Any tips?
Thanks!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

GalMutzafy

Re: Too short lucid dreams.

Postby GalMutzafy » 04 Feb 2016 13:36

This is exactly what happens to me, I got over the excitment phase but even after rubbing my hands and using these kind of techniques I stil woke up or lost lucidity.

I don't have much of a 100 percent working tip, just tips that could help you gradually become better at keeping the dream lucid:

keep rubbing your hands or shout "clarity now" or touch your surroundings in the dream.
When you go to sleep, tell yourself in your head something like "Tonight when I become lucid I will stay lucid'', or something like that, it doesn't really matter, as long as you make it comfortable for you and short enough to repeat it.

I hope I helped.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

shutterbugjen

Re: Too short lucid dreams.

Postby shutterbugjen » 07 Feb 2016 16:18

Happens to me a lot too. :) My longest and most memorable lucid dreams are the ones where I had the presence of mind to remind myself out loud that I was dreaming. When I don't do that, it fades away quickly. Just keep muttering to yourself "it's a dream, I'm dreaming," or something like that.
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

Return to “For Beginners”