Havent writen on my journal for 2 days.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
sladenotwade

Havent writen on my journal for 2 days.

Postby sladenotwade » 05 Feb 2016 20:00

I began writing a journal 3 days ago.I wrote down a dream but the next 2 days after that i just woke up with no memories of my dreams.I just wrote a dream that i saw on Tuesday but upon waking up on Wednesday and Thursday i had nothing to write.Any ideas?

GalMutzafy

Re: Havent writen on my journal for 2 days.

Postby GalMutzafy » 06 Feb 2016 10:56

Many people suggest to write ''Tomorrow I will remember all of my dreams'' or something like that.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

sladenotwade

Postby sladenotwade » 06 Feb 2016 13:26

Cool i am gonna try this.Thanks man.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 06 Feb 2016 13:30

sladenotwade wrote:Cool i am gonna try this.Thanks man.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

You can actually make any sentences you want, as long as it is positive and the message of it is intended that your brain will realize that you are interested in remembering your dreams.

By the way if you want tips to how to remember more dreams, try before going to sleep read some of your dreams in your journal (you can do that even when you wake up in the morning and stil have time to got back to sleep).

Also when you wake up, try to not move much and think what have you dreamed just a minute ago.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

sladenotwade

Postby sladenotwade » 06 Feb 2016 16:46

let me ask you something.I try to tell myself that i am gonna lucid dream and remember my dreams when i go to sleep.I also try to visualize the dreams i want to have for a moment.When i go to sleep these past 2-3 days i get weird sensations like the ones that u have while doing WILD but i dont want to have a WILD because i am scared.Anyways last night i felt a chill/tingle throughout my entire body for a moment followed by a siren on my ears.I immediately moved my body and it stopped because i was afraid of a WILD/sleep paralysis happening.I just want to fall asleep regularly and dream.I believe its the visualization of dreams i want to happen is causing me this.What do you think?

shutterbugjen

Postby shutterbugjen » 07 Feb 2016 16:17

Some nights you'll remember more than others. As you get into the habit of dream journaling, you'll "teach" your subconscious that your dreams are important, and as you go along you'll start to remember more and more. When I first started I would sometimes recall 1-2 dreams for a few nights, then nothing. I'm a few months into it now, and it's not unusual to remember up to 6 dreams in a night. But, if I'm woken up suddenly (by an alarm clock, loud noise, etc.) that can kill recall. I encourage you to keep a pad and pen by your bed, so that if you do wake during the night with a memory of a dream, write down a key word or two so in the morning you can remember more. There have been many many times where I've done that-- woken up in the middle of the night out of a dream and thought "That was so vivid, there's no way I'll forget that, I'll just go back to sleep." And in the morning? Nada. Dream gone. But when I've taken a minute or two to just scrawl down a couple of words that can help a lot.

Don't feel discouraged if you have a few nights where you don't remember. I'm currently in a project with a few others where we're tracking our dreaming over a long-term period, and many of us are seeing periods of very active dreaming, and periods of little to none. Just keep at it and you'll start to notice your own patterns. Good luck!
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

sladenotwade

Postby sladenotwade » 08 Feb 2016 21:49

shutterbugjen wrote:Some nights you'll remember more than others. As you get into the habit of dream journaling, you'll "teach" your subconscious that your dreams are important, and as you go along you'll start to remember more and more. When I first started I would sometimes recall 1-2 dreams for a few nights, then nothing. I'm a few months into it now, and it's not unusual to remember up to 6 dreams in a night. But, if I'm woken up suddenly (by an alarm clock, loud noise, etc.) that can kill recall. I encourage you to keep a pad and pen by your bed, so that if you do wake during the night with a memory of a dream, write down a key word or two so in the morning you can remember more. There have been many many times where I've done that-- woken up in the middle of the night out of a dream and thought "That was so vivid, there's no way I'll forget that, I'll just go back to sleep." And in the morning? Nada. Dream gone. But when I've taken a minute or two to just scrawl down a couple of words that can help a lot.

Don't feel discouraged if you have a few nights where you don't remember. I'm currently in a project with a few others where we're tracking our dreaming over a long-term period, and many of us are seeing periods of very active dreaming, and periods of little to none. Just keep at it and you'll start to notice your own patterns. Good luck!

Actually today as i woke up,after having these 2 nights of no memory i woke up and i remember that i had 3 dreams the previous night but i only had fragments of the 2 dreams.One dream was full though but not so vivid as i can recall.Maybe it happened quite some time before waking up.So i wake up and immediately try not to sleep and trying to remember if i had a dream and i remembered the one of them so i wrote i thought of it for a moment trying to memorize it and i wrote down 5 keywords and went back to sleep so that i could dream more.I woke up 2 hours later i think and wrote it completely.I could remember it because of the keywords and the effort i put memorizing it.But i couldnt remember the rest of my dreams.Maybe it happened because i slept after waking up at first and focusing on one particular dream.Also i use on purpose my alarm because i tend to oversleep and i think that oversleeping may cause my inability to remember my dreams.Are you implying that i should stop using my alarm ?You said that you are few months in the whole lucid dreaming concept.How many months? Have you had any lucid dreams since then ?

shutterbugjen

Postby shutterbugjen » 24 Feb 2016 22:36

sladenotwade wrote:Are you implying that i should stop using my alarm ?

No, not at all. If you need the alarm to wake up on time, by all means, use it. And actually, the longer you sleep, the more REM periods you'll have, so if you're able to sleep a long time take advantage of it! But please use your alarm if you need it.

sladenotwade wrote:You said that you are few months in the whole lucid dreaming concept.How many months? Have you had any lucid dreams since then ?

I started keeping my dream journal in mid-December. I have had 6 lucid dreams since then.
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

Return to “For Beginners”