Asking for my dead friend in lucid, get nothing

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
hungry4ever0

Asking for my dead friend in lucid, get nothing

Postby hungry4ever0 » 06 Feb 2016 02:10

Hi, so in my dreams I have had visits from both of my dead grandmothers. For example, I'll be walking down a hallway in a dream and i'll turn the corner and there is my grandma, smiling at me. Or it will be some family gathering and she will be smiling at me, etc. Anyway, I had a friend pass away from injuries in a car accident two years ago and I have tried so hard to ask him to come visit me in my dreams. It has never happened!!!! and i don't understand why.. In my lucid dreams I went through a phase where I asked to see him and when I asked for him its like the dream started getting fuzzy and I knew I shouldn't have asked for him, as if I'm breaking some sort of spirit rule. Then I get this really uncomfortable numbing feeling in the dream and then I wake up- its like i'm not allowed to see him. Any idea what this is at all?

Carter Blunt

Re: Asking for my dead friend in lucid, get nothing

Postby Carter Blunt » 06 Feb 2016 04:58

This reminds me of that Black Mirror episode, "Be Right Back"... where a woman's fiancee(or something) dies, so she buys an app for her phone that simulates his voice so she can talk to him. That's exactly what dreams are, a simulation. They aren't real.

And spoiler alert, the episode ends with her geting a life size doll of him with the app installed in it, but realizes it can't replace what she lost, so she stores him in the attic with other painful memories.

val28

Postby val28 » 10 Mar 2016 03:17

Hi there,

I have similar dreams, and in my dreams my grandma never talks to me she just smiles, I never see her in full body only ever her top half is shown, I could be dreaming about something irrelevant to her and she will just pop up out of nowhere and always with a smile on her face.

I was really close to my grandma, I went through a period of having constant dreams about her and in my dreams I would be crying with my arms open wide and I'm saying to my grandma "I just want to hold you one more time, please let me hold you one more time" but she never did allow me to and she would just disappear. Next minute I find myself waking from my dream and I would be a blubbering mess and yearning to hold my grandma one last time.

It even got to the point that I would look forward to bed time, I guess I was thinking if I can't see her in real life, I will settle for seeing her in my dream state. This continued for a month or two, she didn't show in my dreams every night maybe twice a week, but then it just stopped.

My dad's explanation to why she enters my dreams besides that fact that I was really missing her, was to let me know that she is there watching over me and that everything will be alright. His explanation for why she wouldn't allow me to hug or embrace her is because it wasn't my time to be with her (as in to join her in the after life). And his explanation why grandma stopped showing in my dreams is, grandma knew I was sad and missing her so she was trying to help me through the grieving / healing process, but it was time for me to let go and move forward.

I still dream now and then about grandma, but I don't wake in a blubbering mess anymore, I just simply acknowledge her in my dream, say hello and tell her that I love her.

All in all, I think any dream with or about grandma is positive.

As for your friend who has passed on, I think you may be trying too hard, relax and stop thinking about it, and certainly stop asking him to visit you, if something doesn't feel right then most likely it isn't, he will come when you least expect it.

Thank you for sharing you story, good luck.

Love and light.

RobertForsythe

Postby RobertForsythe » 15 Mar 2016 04:16

In my lucid dreams I went through a phase where I asked to see him and when I asked for him its like the dream started getting fuzzy and I knew I shouldn't have asked for him, as if I'm breaking some sort of spirit rule. Then I get this really uncomfortable numbing feeling in the dream and then I wake up- its like i'm not allowed to see him. Any idea what this is at all?

Yeah.

It indicates that you might very well have half a clue.

Keep on keepin on
How I Project Consciousness In 15 Minutes Or Less & How You Can Too
by Robert Forsythe

Enra Traz

Postby Enra Traz » 15 Mar 2016 10:22

Hungry ...

Perhaps your friend is in some kind of purgatory realm without any chance of parole any time soon. Ask to see a gatekeeper who will be able to temporarily lower your spiritual frequency so that you can pay your friend a visit. Gatekeepers usually wear robes and hoods. They are hooded figures who don't say much. Try this and see if you can see him.

Good luck. 8-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “Dream Interpretation”