Realising it's a LD, but can't control my body

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
cloudlizard

Realising it's a LD, but can't control my body

Postby cloudlizard » 06 Feb 2016 22:04

Hello there :)

I'm totally new here, so I've got a standard question - I decided to learn lucid dreaming a few days ago and atm I'm pretty motivated.
I'm doing my reality checks up to 10 times a day (counting my fingers while saying "I'm awake" or "This is reality", try to push my finger through the handpalm, etc.) and I've started a dream journal where I wrote my recent dreams down.
I've tried using WILD, but it didn't worked - then I realised that there are easier methods for beginners, so I'm trying MILD now.

Yeah, so my actual question: I can remember I had a dream about a while ago, where I knew I was dreaming, but the dream was going on like a movie and I couldn't do anything about it. It was like my mind was free, but my body was still doing things without my permisson, it was like I've watched a first person movie.
I fear, that this could happen again when I'm about to LD. You got any ideas how I can get the full control over my body?

Greets ^^
Always have more dreams than reality can destroy

GalMutzafy

Re: Realising it's a LD, but can't control my body

Postby GalMutzafy » 07 Feb 2016 08:40

The dream that you had was probably a low level of lucidiy one, but stil it was a lucid dream.
Don't worry, it happens a lot that you can't really control the dream, that's why it's a low level of lucidity dream.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

shutterbugjen

Re: Realising it's a LD, but can't control my body

Postby shutterbugjen » 07 Feb 2016 16:09

Hi there. I've only had a handful of lucid dreams, but there is definitely a variance in how much control I have in a lucid dream. Sometimes I have full control, others not so much. I think it all depends on what's happening with one's brain chemistry at the time. Keep at it though, lucid dreaming is so much fun!
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

Return to “For Beginners”