Please help!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
ghost kid

Please help!

Postby ghost kid » 07 Feb 2016 16:45

I have been trying to lucid dream for over a year now and nothing works.Tips? :cry:

GalMutzafy

Re: Please help!

Postby GalMutzafy » 08 Feb 2016 06:22

Can you elaborate what did you try? (methods, journaling, reality checks etc...).
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

ghost kid

Postby ghost kid » 08 Feb 2016 10:09

I tried self-hypnosis for awhile and that didn't work then i tried WILD and got really close but didn't.:(The WILD method i used was an affirmation "mind awake body asleep".So any tips? :)

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 08 Feb 2016 11:30

Did you tried writing down your dreams in a dream journal and doing reality checks? because those are the basic of the basics.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

ghost kid

Postby ghost kid » 08 Feb 2016 16:30

GalMutzafy wrote:Did you tried writing down your dreams in a dream journal and doing reality checks? because those are the basic of the basics.
I tried reality checks but they never seemed to work.(my reality check was reading because i have reading problems.)And i always wanted to start a dream journal but always procrastinated.:(

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 08 Feb 2016 17:28

Reading reality check is less common and less successful from what I've seen.

Starting from today try to do reality checks by looking at your hands and ask yourself seriously ''Am I dreaming?'' or any mantra like that to raise your awareness. do that like every hour or two hours, as long as it comfortable for you.

Dream journal is REALY important, you can have like ten lucid dreams and don't remember them because your recall is not that good, as if it was if you would have a journal.

It increases your dream recall, awareness and let you know what do you dream about which gives you dream signs and knowlege of your dreams.

Do both of this not for a week and not two, try it for a month or more, you can add to it the WBTB or MILD methods but as long as you do relaity checks and dream journal persistancly you will have eventually your lucid dreams.

Return to “For Beginners”