ATTAINING LUCIDITY DURING NIGHTMARES

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Luciddreamer007

ATTAINING LUCIDITY DURING NIGHTMARES

Postby Luciddreamer007 » 07 Feb 2016 19:50

Hello guys,

a couple of days ao i had a non lucid nightmare in which I was walking near a lake and suddenly biiig biiig waves started to appear.
At the moment that one of the waves struck me instead of waking up it clicked in my head that it was a dream. From this moment I stopped to fear the dream scenario and went on with my business having fun.

In other nightmares I wake mysef up. THey are non lucid nightmares but at some point when its very very frightening Im kinda aware that Im asleep and thus i shake my leg to escape the dream.

Strange .

Does it also happen to some of you?
everything is amplificated in dreams except memory

expect the unexpected

A LD is like being drunk: the morning after you dont remember everything, you get horny and when you hit the ground you dont feel pain

indigo_apple

Re: ATTAINING LUCIDITY DURING NIGHTMARES

Postby indigo_apple » 22 Feb 2016 06:27

I became lucid once because some guy was trying to attack me so I shot him with an ice ray and froze him.

Other than that, no, but I've woken myself up many times from nightmares. I think once my fear reaches a certain level, it's fight or flight mode, and my brain instinctually chooses flight

shutterbugjen

Postby shutterbugjen » 24 Feb 2016 23:37

I have a recurring non-lucid dream in which I am driving my car over a bridge, or high overpass, above a body of water. As I'm driving, the road beneath me gives way and I start to plunge into the water. A couple months ago, I was having that dream again, but what is interesting is I recognized it as a dream sign but didn't quite become lucid- I actually said to myself "Oh, look, I'm driving on a bridge. If this was a dream, I'd fall over the edge, but since I'm not dreaming, everything will be fine." What do you know, the bridge fell away, but then my car simply drove over the edge and then on the underside of the bridge, defying gravity. I never became lucid at any point, but I suppose my recognition of the recurrent dream sign was enough to change the outcome! (I've not had that dream since then, I might add.)
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

Luciddreamer007

Postby Luciddreamer007 » 28 Feb 2016 16:49

Last night this happened again.
I was in a non-LD at my home and had a false awakening which was very scary. I dont wanna go into details of the nightmare content because it sucked.
Anyway I suddenly turned lucid and instead of waking myself up i broke out of my house window and jumped in the garden and later on to the street.
everything is amplificated in dreams except memory

expect the unexpected

A LD is like being drunk: the morning after you dont remember everything, you get horny and when you hit the ground you dont feel pain

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”