In short, the process of me turning into a brony.

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Jacob46719

In short, the process of me turning into a brony.

Postby Jacob46719 » 08 Feb 2016 00:50

(for those that somehow are unaware, a "brony" is a male fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.)

Phase 1) Ew, I'm staying away from that girly stuff.
Phase 2) *looks up stats* The f**k? 85% of the fanbase is male...people are saying it's a good show.
Phase 3) *notices it in everything* Screw it. I can't believe I'm about to watch this.
Phase 4) *one episode later* I...I...I liked that...idk...gotta watch another one just to be sure.
Phase 5) *another episode later* I can't believe it. I like this show.
Phase 6) *one season later* This show is amazing. I love it. I'm officially a brony.
Phase 7) You have GOT to watch this show.

I was extremely skeptical before I started watching.
Don't give up on your dreams! Keep sleeping...

Carter Blunt

Re: In short, the process of me turning into a brony.

Postby Carter Blunt » 08 Feb 2016 06:46

What did you like about it? Is it because you have a stressful life and need something cute to make you smile? If so, I can relate.

Long story short, I used to play a browser game where bullying is not only allowed, but rewarded. I fought through it and became the top player, and most abusive player the game had ever seen. But when I was putting all this tedious effort into getting god-like power, I needed something to take the edge off. And that ended up being Jpop.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A7j6eryPV4&list=PLAAEA82D2950BC77D&index=69

Playing that game literally changed my psychology. I went through so much crap, I hated them for it, then I became WORSE than them, then I loved them for it. One of the guys that bullied me the hardest was the one who called me the most abusive player, in an angry forum post. He got called a crybaby by the admins. That was one of the greatest moments of my life!! Lol

Jacob46719

Postby Jacob46719 » 08 Feb 2016 19:48

I like almost everything about it, really. It's a quality experience that I missed out on until recently. It's got amazing characters, the animation is top-notch, the voice acting is perfect, there's compelling storylines, there's fanservice, and it's funny.
Don't give up on your dreams! Keep sleeping...

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 29 Feb 2016 04:50

I have a brony friend and will never understand.
But you know what? I watched some old 80's episodes of JEM and I feel guilty revealing that I liked it. :D
I grew up in the 80's and perhaps it was just nostalgia.
But yes, I went through those same steps of denial-acceptance, as a grown man, watching a "girly show". ;)

It's escapism.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “Off-Topic”