I didn't feel human, I have never experienced this.

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
chilligirlx

I didn't feel human, I have never experienced this.

Postby chilligirlx » 09 Feb 2016 03:00

So I'm a new user of this website & forum, and today I've spent some time researching sleep paralysis as I've experienced it hundreds of times before, but last night I experienced something completely different. It would be nice to hear if anyone else has felt or experienced the same thing or could give some advice?!

So last night I went to sleep, had a weird dream and it turned into sleep paralysis. I'm always aware of it, so it doesn't freak me out too much as after a while I realise what's happening and I can relax, be aware of what's happening then after a while I wake myself up when I've had enough or it gets too much. Normally I'd just tell myself to wake up or I can shout to wake myself up, but this time I didn't even try, and then suddenly my 'dream' or 'scenario' just changed.

I felt the inside of my body leave, like float away and then I was looking down at myself. I felt like a weightless presence, an orb, at one point I felt like God looking down on the world. I could see a version of myself which was just my empty body lying on my bed. It wasn't dead, just empty lying on my bed. Then next to the bed, there was another version of myself, except that one seemed more like a life or a soul presence and it kept looking at the empty version of me, then looking back up at 'me', the floating God like me. The 'life soul' version of me and the 'empty' version of me were both holding the tie of my dressing gown, and the experience ended with the 'life soul' version of me staring at me, dead in the eye, then opening its mouth which was like a huge black hole. I woke up suddenly after feeling like I was floating too far away and that was that.

I didn't think much of it until I was talking to a friend who suffered from rely terrifying sleep paralysis experiences and we were looking up if there was such a thing that I had experienced. I've read that drugs and alcohol can influence things, and I will admit that the day before I had consumed a large amount of hash brownies (I do not use drugs often, just occasionally cannabis) for a friends birthday so I understand that may have a part to play. Either way, I have never experienced this before, especially something so clear and life like.

taniaaust1

Re: I didn't feel human, I have never experienced this.

Postby taniaaust1 » 19 Feb 2016 12:33

ever heard of spirit balls? You may of taken up that form and hence you were experiencing yourself as an orb too. When I OBE I naturally can take up two different forms, one human and one orb.

Its hard to say if this was all dreaming or if there was some OBE stuff involved in this as well as dreaming (like crossover of the experiences).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

RobertForsythe

Postby RobertForsythe » 19 Feb 2016 20:20

Nearly all of my early OBEs were without body awareness in any form. For years I was a point of light.

After I joined online forums and read about so many others having bodies and very 'real' feeling experiences I had to make a strong intent to form a "body" for some of these outings so I could get a better understanding of what everyone was talking about.
How I Project Consciousness In 15 Minutes Or Less & How You Can Too
by Robert Forsythe

Samwise

Postby Samwise » 15 Mar 2016 17:17

Hi chilligirlx,

This is an interesting experience in that you seem to be able to perceive both your physical body and your astral/dream body at the same time. I have also noticed that cannabis, particularly when consumed orally and used only occasionally can aid in projection type experiences, at least in getting into a state conducive to them, although it can definitely hamper one's recall.

You may find this of interest...from your description, it sounds like you experienced what the IAC would describe as a mentalsomatic projection.

http://uk.iacworld.org/holosoma-the-consciousnesses-vehicles-of-manifestation/

Return to “Paranormal Activity”