Hard to notice difference between lucid and reallity

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
LucidBro

Hard to notice difference between lucid and reallity

Postby LucidBro » 09 Feb 2016 18:52

Im having a pretty hard time noticing a difference between lucid dreams and reality. I preform reality checks like looking at my hands but it seems real and normal in the dream. I also use "clicking on a pen" as a reality check. It worked before, (it would make a different sound) but right now it just seems like its the same in lucid and reality. Do i need new tests? I know im having lucid dreams because i can recall them when i wake up in the mornings.

GalMutzafy

Re: Hard to notice difference between lucid and reallity

Postby GalMutzafy » 09 Feb 2016 22:29

Can relate, I had dreams even when I looked at my hands and their looked so weird, but I didn't think they were weird at all.

I recommend keep doing the hands thing because for me persoanlly it succeed, but if you find it futile then try the breathing with your nose close reality check, it's also common amongst lucid dreamers.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

taniaaust1

Re: Hard to notice difference between lucid and reallity

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Feb 2016 17:10

Its your mind set which is failing you. When you check, do not think how alike LD and normal reality is or otherwise you will keep confusing them. Expect to get an unexpected result when doing the check and don't think of the normal. Don't do again a check which failed you.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”