Problematic dream recall help need

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
sladenotwade

Problematic dream recall help need

Postby sladenotwade » 12 Feb 2016 11:30

Hello everybody i have been trying to lucid dream for about 2 weeks now since i found out about the whole concept.I started out a dream journal and so far on day one i wrote down a dream. After that dream i had nothing i could recall for two days.Next 3-4 i mainly could recall fragments of my dreams.I then tried to wake up after 4,5 hours of sleep and write down dreams and go back to sleep and then again waking up after 90 minutes of sleep to write more of my dreams.I ended up with 3 different fragments of 3 different dreams that night.Next night i couldnt remember anything but couple of hours after waking up i saw something in waking life that reminded of a dream i had that night so i was lucky and wrote it down.Now today i woke up 2-3 times during my sleep after 4,5 hours and after that after 90 minutes and i have nothing for my journal this day.My dream control isnt increasing after 2 weeks of trying to lucid dream.It ia just so inconcistent.I am doing wrong?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

samerak32

Re: Problematic dream recall help need

Postby samerak32 » 11 Apr 2016 06:47

I think you're putting way too much effort into it, to the point where your subconscious may find that remembering your dreams is a big hassle. Let me ask you, when you wake up in the middle of the night to write down your dreams, is there a part of you that wishes you didn't remember anything so that you can go back to bed? if yes then, then try and make it easier for yourself, sleep the whole night, wake up and write down what you remember, and if you find that you didn't remember a thing write down on your dream diary, "no dream recall today, hopefully tomorrow", and try to mean it, so that your subconscious will want to make the effort to try and remember dreams the next night and wont see it as a burden, plus in the MILD method, people use mantras such as "I will be more awake in my dreams"... you could use "I will remember my dreams", to help solidify the intension. hope this helped.

Skippy23000

Re: Problematic dream recall help need

Postby Skippy23000 » 12 Apr 2016 23:05

I can appreciate what you are going through. I went through a long stint of that as well
but the key is once you DO have the dream and awaken, write in down immediately. I know
it's hard to make yourself roll over, grab pen and paper and turn on the night light, but it's a must.
If your having problems dreaming at all or you don't remember because of their low dream intensity
then I recommend you take a 100mg tablet of B6 and a 5mg of melatonin. Meditate for 30 minutes
or longer, go to bed and repeat to yourself "I am dreaming...I am dreaming...I am dreaming..." until you bore yourself to sleep. I've used this technique and it works for me. The B6 will give you VERY intense dreams even if you don't go lucid .
Good luck

Return to “For Beginners”