What does Lucid Dreaming mean to you?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
CT31

What does Lucid Dreaming mean to you?

Postby CT31 » 16 Feb 2016 11:12

Hi guys!

My name is Claud, I’m currently a final year Anthropology student at University College London conducting research for my dissertation on Lucid Dreaming. I was wondering if any of you lovely folk would be interested in answering a few questions to aid in my research?

Please answer in as much detail as possible (except 7)!

1. How did you learn about lucid dreaming?
2. What interested you about lucid dreaming? (Motivations)
3. How did you learn to have lucid dreams? (Resources, methods and techniques)
4. How difficult do you find attaining lucidity?
5. What do you mostly do in your lucid dreams?
6. What do dream characters represent to you?
7. Can I contact you for a more in depth interview? (Y/N)

Thanks in advance for your help!

emberfire012

Re: What does Lucid Dreaming mean to you?

Postby emberfire012 » 22 Feb 2016 02:33

1. In fifth grade, I read a book called Every Soul A Star by Wendy Mass. In the book, one of the main characters was a lucid dreamer, and there was a scene where the character had a lucid dream on a bus, and he flew. Naturally, I was like "Wow! That's so cool! I'd love to do that!" Ironically, I had my first moment of lucidity that night.
2. I love the freedom of lucid dreaming. You can do whatever you want, with only yourself as a witness. You can also do things you can't do in real life, like fly, teleport, meet a fictional character, etc. You've also got unlimited access to your subconcious and your imagination, which is really cool.
3. I'm still learning how, but I've found that keeping a dream journal, meditating, and reality checks really help for me.
4. Extremely hard, for me at least. It's probably because of my ADHD and ADD, but I can't focus whenever I'm doing WILD or MILD, and I often have cycles of lucid dream obsession. If I was actually constant, then I could be a seasoned lucid dreamer by now.
5. In the smattering of dreams that I've had, I've mostly flown, talked to dream characters, and tried to teleport places. My lucid dreams are always fuzzy and short-lived :(
6. To me, they represent figments of my mind. Figments of my mind that I can interact with and gather information from.
7. Yeah sure shoot me a message anytime :) hope this helps

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

shutterbugjen

Re: What does Lucid Dreaming mean to you?

Postby shutterbugjen » 24 Feb 2016 22:47

Hi, I'll be happy to contribute some information!

1. How did you learn about lucid dreaming?
I stumbled upon it quite by accident. I had been reading a novel called Somewhere in
Time[i]
and in it, the author referenced a few other books about time travel. These books sounded interesting to me so I started researching to see if they were real. During the course of this investigation, I came across the phrase "astral projections." I had no idea what that was, so I googled it, and it brought to me the main website of this forum (World of Lucid Dreaming) and there was an article comparing astral projection to lucid dreams. I started reading lots of articles on the site and found the whole idea intriguing.

2. What interested you about lucid dreaming? (Motivations)
After reading many of the articles, I realized that I had experienced a few lucid dreams in my life already, but I hadn't realized there was a name for it, or techniques to improve one's ability to do them. The idea fascinated me, so I kept reading. How much fun to be able to control one's dreams!

3. How did you learn to have lucid dreams? (Resources, methods and techniques)
Again I must reference the articles from the main website here. http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/articles.html I also read books by Stephen LaBerge and Robert Waggoner. The techniques that have worked for me are by doing reality checks frequently in daily waking life. The majority of my lucid dreams have occurred spontaneously, as I realize something seems not quite right in a dream and then I perform a reality check.

4. How difficult do you find attaining lucidity?
Right now it's fairly difficult, as I'm unable to do it on command, it just seems to happen. However, since beginning this in mid-December of last year, I have had 6 lucid dreams in total.

5. What do you mostly do in your lucid dreams?
I haven't experienced enough of them to have a "mostly." I have flown in two of the six dreams. In a couple others I asked dream figures to tell me what they represented. Two others I didn't get to enjoy at all, as attaining lucidity resulted in an immediate awakening.

6. What do dream characters represent to you?
Sometimes they are just background figures. Sometimes they are people in my real life. One of the times when I asked a dream character what they represented, the response was "Your childhood."

7. Can I contact you for a more in depth interview? (Y/N)
Sure! Feel free to send me a message through here and I'll provide you with my email address for further discussion. Thanks!
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”