Failed lucid dream/sleep paralysis/strangulation?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Oliecopter

Failed lucid dream/sleep paralysis/strangulation?

Postby Oliecopter » 19 Feb 2016 08:31

I've posted here before about being stuck in a cycle of "false awakenings" which always lead to apparent sleep paralysis. It has happened so often that I actually know what it is when it's going on and wait to wake up in a state of panic.

Last night instead of waiting and being annoyed with the process I said to myself in the dream. "Okay. You can lay here and wait to awaken. Or maybe you could think up something to dream." I told myself I'd like to dream about something stupid and simple... like riding a bike. Next thing I know I'm watching a moving picture in my mind of a bicycle in a park. It seems like my mind had to strain to conjure this image up.

I told myself that was fine. Except... I needed to be on the bicycle, right? I - for whatever crazy reason agreed with myself - and I could actually feel myself on the bike riding it. It was incredibly vivid and I felt that this was 50x better than waiting for my paralysis to wear off.

That is until a pair of two black hands ripped me from the bike and completely out of the "picture" and started choking me in my bed. I could actually feel something pressed against my neck before finally waking up with a literal gasp. I guess the experience - although terrifying at that moment - was fairly cool. The problem is that I am NOT trying to make myself dream lucidly. I'm trying to find some way to help me transition out of the sleep paralysis without feeling terrorized and exhausted.

Whenever I become aware that I am dreaming I instantly tell myself to wake up and this is when the paralysis sets in. If I could reverse it into lucid dreaming I might actually wake up feeling decent for a change but I can't get over that state of ”oh crap, it's a dream. I need to get up now before it turns ugly!" When that happens I can feel the shivers running through my body and that's what triggers the awareness of sleep paralysis.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

jasmine2

Re: Failed lucid dream/sleep paralysis/strangulation?

Postby jasmine2 » 21 Feb 2016 01:30

I suggest - Website - dreamstudies.org - Dream Studies Portal
Hosted by Ryan Hurd

On home page, click on tab - "Sleep Paralysis"
Includes about 20 informative articles. See especially -

- "9 Ways To Wake Up From Sleep Paralysis"
Especially - "Ultimate method" - "scrunch up your face ... snarl and squint" - 3 or 4 times

- Also, - "Sleep Paralysis Treatment - Stop Feelings Of Being Held Down At Night"

taniaaust1

Re: Failed lucid dream/sleep paralysis/strangulation?

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Feb 2016 10:40

self in the dream. "Okay. You can lay here and wait to awaken. Or maybe you could think up something to dream." I told myself I'd like to dream about something stupid and simple... like riding a bike. Next thing I know I'm watching a moving picture in my mind of a bicycle in a park. It seems like my mind had to strain to conjure this image up.

I told myself that was fine. Except... I needed to be on the bicycle, right? I - for whatever crazy reason agreed with myself - and I could actually feel myself on the bike riding it. It was incredibly vivid and I felt that this was 50x better than waiting for my paralysis to wear off.

This kind of thing is one way to WILD. You are in a relaxed enough body state..its a case of mastering your mind and hence subconsciousness to a degree to do what you want here next and yes if you can create for yourself a nice lucid it will be far better then waiting for paralyses to wear off. You could with time and practice, turn these experiences into fun ones.

So something grabs you... remember you are in a dream and hence can have power over things in your dream.... You can practice those super powers you may of always wanted to have at your attacker or as its a dream.. think of going super fast on your bike and leaving the other in the dust or whatever. There are so many different ways you could play out that scene seeing you are lucid. Its something you could work at to master.

with the paralyses though, it can usually be broken if you really focus on just wiggling a finger or a toe (rather then your whole body).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”