My dream recall is getting worse

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
15ahayes

My dream recall is getting worse

Postby 15ahayes » 22 Feb 2016 17:35

A week or two ago I was able to write down 3 or 4 dreams a night but now I'm finding it hard just to remember one. Sometimes I don't write down anything and other nights I have to think really hard just to remember the setting of the dream. What happened?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Carter Blunt

Re: My dream recall is getting worse

Postby Carter Blunt » 22 Feb 2016 18:11

My theories are limited on this.

Have you changed eating habits?
Have you changed drinking/hydration habits?
Have you changed any intake of caffeine/nicotine/medicines?
Are you waking up anxious to get started on work/hobbies?

shutterbugjen

Re: My dream recall is getting worse

Postby shutterbugjen » 24 Feb 2016 22:25

I've been recording my dreams since mid-December, and I have noticed a definite rise and fall in dream recall. I'll have about a week and a half of fantastic, incredible recall, then a week or so of pitiful recall, a week of medium-level recall, then it cycles back up. Keep at it, and even if you don't remember much (or anything,) make a note in your journal of the date, the fact that you don't remember anything, and any other pertinent info. How many hours of sleep? Did you take any medications the night before? Wake up a lot during the night? After a couple of months you'll start noticing a pattern in your dream recall, and then when you have a few days of bad recall it won't bother you so much. For me, after I write down the dreams that I've had, I rate three different things- my level of recall for the night (low, medium or high), the number of dreams I had, and how vivid they are. In the back of my notebook, I transcribe that information into a chart so I can easily and quickly at a glance see if I'm in the middle of a high or low cycle. Just takes an extra few seconds if you're already journaling.
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

Return to “For Beginners”