the Angry Sun ~ was like a sci-fy movie!!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
flyinghighagain

the Angry Sun ~ was like a sci-fy movie!!

Postby flyinghighagain » 25 Feb 2016 14:38

and so it seemed I was an invisible being from a different time, a different planet, and I could only watch, floating from above ...as people were running, screaming ... and confused... Some knew what was happening, and others, like a cruel contagious virus, joined in on the madness .. ~ As if running in circles in a small cardboard box, the Sun, slowly unloaded pieces of it's burning heat, small explosions of seemingly angry boulders of energy began bursting and falling to the ground. That city of chaos was as tiny as a drop of water in a vast ocean, for these bursts of energy exploding from the sun started falling upon all mankind and the structures that once stood tall and sturdy, of creations from many years prior, were being destroyed. ~ Mother Earth was helpless in a power much stronger than herself ... Feeling the burning of the heat on her earthly beauty, it seemed to me, she began to cry, as I watched, safely, from a distance in the sky. I watched as Mother Earth slowly turned into a planet of darkness and doom ..( I was able to feel this!) ... The greatness of the boulders began falling into the oceans, causing much anger within the natures wells of water, washing ashore with no pity, burying cities in a wet rage. As the greatness of the boulders of heat continued falling, I watched as the intensity of this heat, not only dry up all of mankind, but the oceans, ~ trees and mountains, seemed to evaporate! ~ From above, floating, I watched as a once lively planet ... dry and darken into a planet of hopelessness, doom ~ and stripped of all that once made her so beautiful ... and I watched it all happen, floating from above ....

jasmine2

Re: the Angry Sun ~ was like a sci-fy movie!!

Postby jasmine2 » 27 Feb 2016 05:24

Flyinghighagain,
Wow! The dream you describe is really very dramatic. It's interesting that you sense your dream self as abstract awareness, floating above, and observing the chaotic end-of-the-word scene playing out below.

"... the Sun slowly unloaded pieces of its burning heat, small explosions of seemingly angry boulders of energy ... falling upon all mankind ... I watched as Mother Nature ... (was) stripped of all that once made her so beautiful."

I think that dreams can often have several layers of meaning.

Regarding the outer world, dreams may sometimes reflect one's emotional reaction to the daily news reports of major social, economic, political and religious conflicts, which make the future seem ominous.

The fierce, disruptive heat of your dream Sun could be a magnified portrayal of the threat of climate change, global warming, rising seas, and imbalance of nature.

End-of-the world dreams may also occur when the dreamer is undergoing a major transition from one phase of life to another.
When I was in my 20's, I had a very dramatic dream in which beings from outer space came in UFOs and destroyed my childhood home and my whole familiar world. I think this was a symbolic portrayal of the emotions associated with moving from my childhood family home, going to college, then traveling to a new job on the West coast.

I recommend -

- Article - "A Conversation With Dr. John Weir Perry" - global-vision-org - When The Dream Becomes Real Includes discussion about schizophrenic visions of the Apocalypse, transformation, and healing.

I'll include one more reference in another post.

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 27 Feb 2016 06:10

Oops, in my above post, the web address should be -- global-vision.org -
for the article - "A Conversation With Dr. John Weir Perry" - When The Dream Becomes Real.

Regarding emotional stories of transformation of world view and consciousness, I also recommend -

- Book - "The Tibetan Book Of The Dead" - W. Y. Evans-Wenz - (Translator) - selfdefinition.org
(View online - free)

This book was influential in introducing the intuitive, mystical, concepts, and archetypal imagery of Tibetan spiritual traditions to the Westerners. Tibetan sages, in their deep explorations of consciousness, were said to be able to visit, and later write about, the dream-like after death experience.

In Tibet, priests or monks would read to the deceased person, passages from the sages' guide book, to help them navigate confusing experiences to be encountered in their inner journey of after death consciousness. The deceased (and the living devotee), is encouraged to realize that all of the peaceful and wrathful gods and goddesses are tutelary deities, aspects of one sacred reality.

These deities, in their awesome, theatrical actions, are trying to awaken the devotee into recognizing the illusory nature of all thoughts, sensations, and emotions, and to, instead, focus attention on the ineffable Ground Of Being - the Clear, Spacious, Radiant, Light of Primordial Awareness.

(There is a long introduction section to the book.)
I suggest - see -
- Pg. 66 - The fundamental teaching summarized
- Pg. 85 - Beginning of - "The Great Doctrine Of The Liberation Through Hearing"
- Pg. 129 - This is the beginning of my favorite part - The experiences of the 7th to 14th day after death. Very dramatic. Yes, indeed.

flyinghighagain

Postby flyinghighagain » 28 Feb 2016 07:01

Jasmine2 ... thank-you, I wrote the link down and the name of the book! ~ Yeh, on occasion I get those really vivid lucid dreams ... I have a few more I'll share eventually but I loved your break down of the dream ... and all you said makes sense! ~ You know what was weird?! About a week later that little meteoroid hit in Russia! just strange coincidence ... but that happens alot with me ! I dream of something and it's on the news the next morning ... some stuff not so nice .. anyways, thanks again!

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”