Hey, I'm New To Lucid Dreaming!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
[Lucid] Maxda

Hey, I'm New To Lucid Dreaming!

Postby [Lucid] Maxda » 25 Feb 2016 23:10

Hey, my name is william, i'm 13 years old, almost 14, and i'm new to lucid dreaming.

- I've never had one.
- I've tried 2 methods : {FILD} - {WILD}
- I'm a curious boy (not in a... se.. way.)
- I like to explore the environement i'm in.
- I all the time ask myself question about the world and life, (The Meanings & Stuff)
- You can ask me question, i'm very opened about it.
- You can also give me some methods & suggestions.
- I also didn't try a journal, but the parts of my dream that I remember are very detailed.

Thank you,

William

Have a good day! ;)

ThePurple

Re: Hey, I'm New To Lucid Dreaming!

Postby ThePurple » 27 Feb 2016 01:15

Hello!

You should consider starting a dream journal, as you'll want to remember the lucid dreams when you have them! It will also help you understand your dreaming mind, get you thinking about it's habits and themes, which will help you learn this skill faster.

Also, since you already spend time thinking about life, it should be easy for you to pick up some awareness techniques. By taking a minute every once in a while during the day to question your reality and wonder whether you're in a dream, you increase your chances of becoming lucid once you're already dreaming. (Many people find this easier than WILD techniques to start.) Here's a nice guide I found the other day, which you might find useful: http://www.dreamviews.com/wiki/Puffins-DILD-Guide

[Lucid] Maxda

Postby [Lucid] Maxda » 27 Feb 2016 06:48

ThePurple wrote:Hello!

You should consider starting a dream journal, as you'll want to remember the lucid dreams when you have them! It will also help you understand your dreaming mind, get you thinking about it's habits and themes, which will help you learn this skill faster.

Also, since you already spend time thinking about life, it should be easy for you to pick up some awareness techniques. By taking a minute every once in a while during the day to question your reality and wonder whether you're in a dream, you increase your chances of becoming lucid once you're already dreaming. (Many people find this easier than WILD techniques to start.) Here's a nice guide I found the other day, which you might find useful: http://www.dreamviews.com/wiki/Puffins-DILD-Guide

I actually all the time want to take RC, but i allways forget, i can't set an alarm either, i'm at school.
I do RC's everyday, but not every hours, sadly.

And for the RC, can i use my phone for it?
Like writing them in a note app?

ThePurple

Postby ThePurple » 27 Feb 2016 07:49

Some RCs are better than none! As long as you're really thinking about why you're doing doing them every time, they should help.

Do you mean using your phone for the dream journal? If that's what's comfortable, sure! I do most of my journaling on my phone or tablet, and I like that I can then search the text. Some people find that the light wakes them up too much if they're trying to journal and fall back asleep, so that's something to keep in mind. Also be sure to backup the info to your computer!

unwakeable

Postby unwakeable » 28 Feb 2016 12:15

ThePurple wrote:Hello!

hello
i have an app called 'dreamer' and it gives notifications every hour that remind me to perform a check, but if you just shut off the sound then you won't be bothered by it when you're at school, if you just check your phone regularly.
Dont just sleep in your dreams it's just lazy
- Swim deep

Return to “Introduce Yourself”