Hi! im Dream City (my musician name)

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
DreamCity

Hi! im Dream City (my musician name)

Postby DreamCity » 26 Feb 2016 19:30

Hello fellow dreamers! ^~^ i have recently started to try to lucid dreaming but i feel as if i need help.
i wish to lucid dream for a couple of reasons, i believe it'll better myself as a person and i feel that once ive had enough inspiration my music will take shape. i make chill and ambient music and i would love to implement lucid dreaming at some point as a type of guide to let me be at peace.

i tend to be stressed all the time, i have chronic back pain and its hard to find a position to sleep.
i smoke marijuana to hold back the pain and i'm not sure if marijuana helps induce lucid dreams?

so step by step here is what i did last night to try and lucid dream.
first i set up an ongoing atmosphere of ocean sounds in some sound blocking headphones, then i meditated for about 15 to 20 minutes with quarts crystals in each hand.
i then layed down on my back with my hands at my sides and tried to fall into a lucid dream. i think another 15 or 20 minutes before my body went numb and i was a bit weirded out. then my phone rang and snapped me out of it. was i about o lucid dream? is my body going numb and me still being conscious the start of the lucid dream?

i was a bit disappointing that i hadn't turned off my sound, but i think ill try it again tonight. is there any advice anyone could give me for my next time? anything i did wrong or should do differently? :)

Also, i very much am enjoying reading every little thing i can on these forum pages and want to thank the web creator and the forum admin if there ids one >O<

Thank you for your time, and dream on! ;)

ThePurple

Re: Hi! im Dream City (my musician name)

Postby ThePurple » 27 Feb 2016 01:35

I think I've read that marijuana can inhibit lucid control somewhat, but that doesn't mean it's impossible. Timing I suspect would be important. I've seen discussions of this on various forums, just a matter of tracking them down... (also, fwiw, magnesium supplements have relieved my pain enormously)

For wake-initiated methods of lucid dreaming, you'll have better luck trying them after several hours of sleep, as the body generally needs some deep non-dreaming sleep before the required REM phases really pick up. Look into WBTB (wake back to bed) for that.

DreamCity

Re: Hi! im Dream City (my musician name)

Postby DreamCity » 27 Feb 2016 04:41

thank you! i will check those all out :O

Return to “Introduce Yourself”