Lucid Dreaming Pro Question

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Trumpica

Lucid Dreaming Pro Question

Postby Trumpica » 02 Mar 2016 05:11

So my question is this: ok so your a lucid dreamer you have done it for a couple of months and you have a lucid dream at least twice a week. Do you still perform at least a dozen reality checks a day or do you not do any?

p.s. I have only had one lucid dream so I'm just very curious about that.

RobertForsythe

Re: Lucid Dreaming Pro Question

Postby RobertForsythe » 02 Mar 2016 05:47

So my question is this: ok so your a lucid dreamer you have done it for a couple of months and you have a lucid dream at least twice a week. Do you still perform at least a dozen reality checks a day or do you not do any?

A couple months?...?

A couple months is nothing....

No, I do not do reality checks. I practice "Awareness".
How I Project Consciousness In 15 Minutes Or Less & How You Can Too
by Robert Forsythe

ThePurple

Postby ThePurple » 02 Mar 2016 06:23

Trumpica wrote:Do you still perform at least a dozen reality checks a day or do you not do any?

Whether it's reality checks or other practices, whatever a given dreamer finds most valuable in allowing them to become lucid, they'll keep doing it. Don't be discouraged, though, maintaining a habit is much easier than starting it, especially with awesome results to motivate you. The bonus is that many practices, like awareness and meditation, are enjoyable and beneficial in and of themselves.

RobertForsythe wrote:A couple months is nothing....

Hey, now. Certainly a couple months doesn't make you a pro, but don't scare away the newbies by making it sound like they can't do anything cool right away.

RobertForsythe

Postby RobertForsythe » 02 Mar 2016 18:15

Hey, now. Certainly a couple months doesn't make you a pro, but don't scare away the newbies by making it sound like they can't do anything cool right away.

I don't think I said anything like that. In fact I have found that there is a definite "beginner's luck" factor in play here. After that the typical challenges begin to present themselves and so many fall by the wayside very quickly as their unrealistic expectations are not met.

Back in the day I used to teach classes on dreaming and I would guestimate that 7 out of 10 students will not even bother to keep a journal. I found that about one in ten would not even purchase a journal much less fail to record anything. Yet they kept attending the classes and even signing up for another round once the class term was finished! (Go figure....)
I even charged a fee for each class so student interest and motivation was at least at a minimum level of sincerity. This mystified me at first until I figured out what they were really getting out of it. Each class involved a short exercise followed by real life examples of what sorts of dreams could follow. That was it... people really liked hearing about other dreamers experiences and talking about them.

In the internet forum environment there is little to no visibility on the sort of level that face to face instruction provides. One very big benefit of forum communication is that really good advice remains resident on a searchable page for a very long time and many people can benefit over a period of years. That ADA link recently provided is very good.
How I Project Consciousness In 15 Minutes Or Less & How You Can Too
by Robert Forsythe

ThePurple

Postby ThePurple » 02 Mar 2016 20:54

RobertForsythe wrote:I don't think I said anything like that.

I didn't mean that you had, I just meant to point out that "a couple months is nothing" could be taken to mean that the learning curve is much steeper than it is. I do get what you mean about unrealistic expectations, but I also think that people with interest should be encouraged until they do achieve lucidity, as the experience of it is what'll tell them whether it's worth the energy investment to make it a regular thing.

RobertForsythe wrote:One very big benefit of forum communication is that really good advice remains resident on a searchable page for a very long time and many people can benefit over a period of years. That ADA link recently provided is very good.

True, but it's difficult to find if you don't know what you're looking for, more so for the less tech savvy among us. I don't think their dream life should suffer because of it.

@Trumpica: here's the url I think RobertForsythe is referring to, which I posted elsewhere recently:
http://www.dreamviews.com/induction-techniques/113253-all-day-awareness-dild-tutorial-kingyoshi.html

:)

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Apr 2016 23:00

no things dont have to be like that. Some even some beginners never need to do reality checks as when they find themselves aware in a dream they already are aware that they are dreaming, hence then no reality check is needed as after all it is to help people realise they are in a dream.

I dont think ive ever used reality checks to tell me Im dreaming (or maybe only a few times ever), I just know when I become aware. Some people though dont get that kind of awareness and need the check to help convince them they are dreaming (the more open you are to this probably the less likely you will need that check).

I do use things like looking at my hands though to stabilize my dream.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”