Introduction

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Red rocks

Introduction

Postby Red rocks » 06 Mar 2016 01:22

Hello everyone,

I thought it about time I registered with the forum and have a go at using it as I started Rebecca's course a few weeks ago now but haven't been here yet.

I had my first lucid dream around eleven years ago and seem to have averaged one every six months. I have now had them more frequently since starting the course so must be on the right track! I must admit though that these have been mostly on mornings that I have used Galantamine or Lucidesc and they didn't seem to have the same exhilaration as a flying-two-miles-into-the-sky-whooping-with-joy that the spontaneous ones have; but then that probably merits starting a new topic for!

I would say that eventually I would like to explore lucid dreams for their shamanistic potential as up until now my attempts to explore this from a waking conscious state have met with limited success - that's not to say that I will shun having a little fun on the way though :)

As for my user name - in that first lucid dream I seemed to be on an alien planet where I reached out and touched the red rocks in front of me. Normally though I live in England.

Looking forward to exploring more and communicating with some of you soon.

Oh, and hello Rebecca, I haven't called for your help yet although I wish I had remembered to do so on one occasion :(

Regards.

'Red Rocks' (real name Andy).

ThePurple

Re: Introduction

Postby ThePurple » 06 Mar 2016 02:29

Welcome!

Regarding lucid dreaming's shamanistic potential, I would encourage you to observe your experiences with a critical mind, and entertain the possibility that they are a product of your own mind. A profound experience of insight and healing is made all the more powerful when one recognizes that it has happened without the activity of any supernatural forces, but was inside you all along.

Red rocks

Re: Introduction

Postby Red rocks » 07 Mar 2016 00:31

Thanks, nice to have a welcome reply so soon.

I would tend to view any shamanic entity/experience as being an aspect of myself anyway so I would agree with you there. Thanks for expressing it so well though!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”