falling asleep in LD

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
neil

falling asleep in LD

Postby neil » 06 Mar 2016 23:54

All info for beginners focuses on not waking up when you first LD. My problem is that I fall asleep. I have only been at this a few weeks and had a few LDs so realise I am lucky and am not expecting miracles straight away, but the same thing happened. Example I was on a car bonnet when the car stood up on its back wheels, I was scared and thought, 'cars can't do this' then I thought 'Ah I must be dreaming' I was so relieved I was not going to get hurt I relaxed, fell to the tarmac which was so comfy I fell asleep. Same story the other times - realise I'm dreaming, fall on my back, feel really comfortable, fall asleep. Any suggestions welcomed, thanks

ThePurple

Re: falling asleep in LD

Postby ThePurple » 07 Mar 2016 02:00

Yes, becoming lucid is just the beginning, lots of peculiar challenges wait for us once we're there!

It sounds like you'd benefit from developing a plan ahead of time for what to do when lucidity arrives. I assume you've come across some tips for stabilizing the dream, yes? If not, the main site here has plenty. Beyond this, have something specific in mind before you go bed that you'd like to try, so you don't sit and wonder what to do while that sweet sweet tarmac beckons, but have strong motivation to get up and do the thing!

neil

Re: falling asleep in LD

Postby neil » 08 Mar 2016 23:57

haha,"sweet tarmac" thanks for your reply The Purple. Yes I had read about stabalisation techniques but not thought of a plan. I will get one together.

Return to “For Beginners”