Dream motiviation?

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
runaway44

Dream motiviation?

Postby runaway44 » 10 Mar 2016 16:29

Last night, I had a dream in which many things happened but one part in particular stands out. In this part, an animator I watch on youtube and I were standing in a small room. He then showed me his first writing he has ever done, despite the person in real life not being one for writing. It was very long, and on the back it had a rubric, like on used to grade essays in school. All if it was filled out in red pen, getting a fantastic score, but the very last part of it, the overall grade, was not. He then told me he despised this work, even though it was so well received. What makes me curious about this part is that a month ago, I discovered NaNoWriMo, National Novel Writing Month, and decided I wanted to participate. I was extremely excited to do it, and to actually write something of substance. However, I tried to practice my writing to find out I am not as good as I thought at writing. Then yesterday night, I was playing Undertale with my friends over skype. At the end of that, I though to myself that I could never create a piece of media, novel or otherwise, that can achieve the level of acclaim that Undertale has. I got very much discouraged from writing, or doing anything involving creation of new media. I feel this dream wants to comment on that thought.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”