What should I do after I go lucid?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
techlord10

What should I do after I go lucid?

Postby techlord10 » 12 Mar 2016 03:29

I am a beginner, and so far I have had about 10 lucid dreams. My first two were amazing; I soared through the sky, saw beautiful colours, and knew without doubt that I was dreaming. The rest were pretty cool; I was awake inside my own mind and could move around. But the last two or three have been, dare I say it, boring. Just last night, I became lucid, and this happened:

"I had another lucid dream, but the most frustrating kind. I was in my room, and for whatever reason, I realized, Hey, I’m dreaming!, so I did a reality check, with my hands, and a reality check with my nose, but neither worked. Then I rubbed my hands and looked around, but nothing changed. So I decided to go outside, where everything was natural and constantly changing, but as soon as I left my door, I lost it."

As you can see, nothing spectacular or even remotely interesting happened. If any of you have any advice, I would be very grateful.

RobertForsythe

Re: What should I do after I go lucid?

Postby RobertForsythe » 15 Mar 2016 03:42

As you can see, nothing spectacular or even remotely interesting happened.

Dreams reflect your waking life.

Even lucid dreams....
How I Project Consciousness In 15 Minutes Or Less & How You Can Too
by Robert Forsythe

ThePurple

Postby ThePurple » 15 Mar 2016 08:55

(Damn, Forsythe, that's cold...)

Dreams do reflect expectations, though.

The reason nothing happened is because you didn't make anything happen! Though I love the idea of the standoff between conscious and unconscious, each thinking it's the other's move, you'll have much better luck if you go to sleep with a clear plan of what you want to do. Standing around thinking is a sure way to make the dream end sooner than it needs to. Other people have made lists of things to try, but it'll serve you well to spend some time thinking about why you wanted to start lucid dreaming in the first place, and use that to generate your own ideas.

The failed reality checks are also related to your expectations as you do them. Always approach with skepticism and a strong desire to see the impossible result. And, did you rub your hands because the dream was becoming unstable? If not, what were you hoping would change? Where was your attention as you rubbed?

I'd also recommend expanding your journal entries a bit. Make an effort next time to figure out what made you become lucid, what specific peculiarities made you realize this had to be a dream. This'll serve you much better than "for whatever reason" in discovering how your mind works, and finding patterns you can exploit. Same with "I lost it." Describe the sequence of events as the dream fell apart. The most valuable information for learning this skill comes from your own "failures."

lucidtechs

Postby lucidtechs » 18 Mar 2016 12:45

FLY!
luciddreamingtechniques.org

Skippy23000

Postby Skippy23000 » 29 Mar 2016 22:14

Once you have become lucid, ask the consciousness behind the dream to show you show you something new. Try it. It might take a few times. Also be careful of you wording. Talk like a lawyer. :lol:
Look up. Raise your dream eyes up and shout..."SHOW ME SOMETHING DIFFERENT! Surrender to the dream experience.

RobertForsythe

Postby RobertForsythe » 01 Apr 2016 17:28

So I decided to go outside, where everything was natural and constantly changing, but as soon as I left my door, I lost it."

I think the title for this thread is a little misleading and comes from not having a clear understanding of the mechanics of what is going on here. Going out the door *is* doing something. The problem here is not a lack of ideas for what to do but a lack of fuel in the awareness/consciousness tank. To me, it sounds like techlord just ran out of gas.

Also, this LD sounds a lot more like what might be a full OBE if he consciously laid down to LD and then projected into the room he was in at the time. Some would just glom everything into a type of LD (and call that a WILD) but I think that oversimplifies and reduces the community vocabulary to a less effective communication tool.

Some steps to improve LD length and the quality of activity include;

a. Meditate 20-30 minutes per day
b. Always be reading a book on the subject
c. Pick a goal for something to achieve in the next LD and write it in a prominent place of your journal
d. Also have a "plan B" ready in case the first effort fizzles out
e. Practice "awareness" three times per day

Last but not least... the suggestion to ask for help is excellent advice. And yes, how you word the request is critical.
How I Project Consciousness In 15 Minutes Or Less & How You Can Too
by Robert Forsythe

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 04 Apr 2016 23:25

Once you become lucid, you need to ground yourself so that you are lucid for longer and achieve a higher level of awareness. Detailed ways to do this are available in article form on this website. However it all boils down to engaging your senses within the dream. Focus on objects within the dream. Feel them, what is their texture? What can you hear? Move around slowly and observe your surroundings.
Dreaming is my drug

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 05 Apr 2016 08:55

I wish I could fly around, but tend to get lucid waking from my own bed now. To me that is the most awesome kind of dream and it's a virtual world close to waking life to explore and play with. Embrace it!

You hit a new level and thought it was a problem, but it isn't.

I still get semi-lucid dreams in which I control it and don't have a sense of my waking memories too, but those ones you get out of bed from are amazing!

I am prone to false awakenings and even what I call, "false sleepenings" in which I am in a dream but think it's real and trying to sleep.

It's all good fun and who wants to be normal. :D

(This person only wrote one message over a month ago and doubt they will read it, but I wanted to respond anyway)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “For Beginners”