i am i doing this whole lucid dreaming thing right?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Tynamo22

i am i doing this whole lucid dreaming thing right?

Postby Tynamo22 » 15 Mar 2016 06:22

Hello! So I recently got really enthusiastic about Lucid Dreaming and have decided to try it :D I am trying the DILD method and I have a dream journal and check my fingers for RC every 15 minutes. I have many vivid dreams each night which I write in my DJ but I never become lucid :/ Don't know if I just need to keep going or if i'm missing something. By the way I have never experienced a lucid dream so I really cant wait :)

ThePurple

Re: i am i doing this whole lucid dreaming thing right?

Postby ThePurple » 15 Mar 2016 18:05

Tynamo22 wrote:check my fingers for RC every 15 minutes.

Does this mean you're using alarms for this? If so, try to wean yourself from it. You want to train yourself to spontaneously question your reality, not just respond to a cue that may or may not be present in your dreams. Also make sure you're doing them consciously and carefully, and use a few different ones to keep it engaging.

taniaaust1

Re: i am i doing this whole lucid dreaming thing right?

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Apr 2016 22:32

probably not a good idea as you'll end up bored with the reality checks doing them that often as it can take up to 6 weeks to develop a new habit and if u arent genuinely doing them each time, it could easily fail.

are u using a watch to judge the 15mins... if so do u usually wear a watch in your dreams..if it turns out u dont it could mean that u may not find this successful as you will also have to create the watch to end up doing the check.

i suggest to program whatever reality check u do, with something which commonly appears in your dreams already to trigger u to remember to do it.

and if with the type of check u do, it may be better to use something u know is in your dreams hence why using reality checks with ones hands are so common and often successful as it would be unusual to have a dream where u have no hands. .. but you can easily have no watch in a dream and nothing there to trigger off doing a check.

watches or clocks can be good to use a reality checks if one thinks to question a dream when in one and see one there but i dont suggest using this as a check to program in, use things which will be there to remind u to check as more likely to succede.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”