Baby Eagles Hatching - Live Cam - March 2016

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
jasmine2

Baby Eagles Hatching - Live Cam - March 2016

Postby jasmine2 » 19 Mar 2016 00:15

Watch baby eagles grow up. See -

- eagles.org - Washington, DC Bald Eagle Nest Cam

Egg #1 hatched Wednesday night March 16th. Egg #2 is expected to hatch this weekend. The eagle parents have been named "Mr. President" and "The First Lady".

The eagle nest is "high in a Tulip Poplar tree amongst the Azelea Collection at the U.S. National Arboretum."

Baby #1 is still mostly hidden under the nesting parent. A spring snowstorm is forecast for this weekend in New York, and may possibly extend down to Washington, DC.

I don't think I would have enough patience to sit on a nest day after day, and I prefer for my fish to be cooked. Also, I usually can only fly in lucid dreams. So, it's probably just as well that I'm not an eagle.

jasmine2

Re: Baby Eagles Hatching - Live Cam - March 2016

Postby jasmine2 » 20 Mar 2016 20:22

Both baby eagles have now hatched.

seanE

Postby seanE » 20 Mar 2016 20:57

I hope no one is still using rat poison around where that eagle family live :roll:

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 20 Mar 2016 21:00

Shame. Would've made a nice omelette.
Well said.

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 27 Apr 2016 00:45

People viewing the eagle live cam website were invited to submit names for the 2 eaglets. Today the winning eaglet names were announced. They are - Liberty and Freedom.

To view - search - "DC Eagle Cam"
(The website is - eagles.org - but you do not need to include that.)

The 2 baby eagles have grown so fast. It's hard to imagine that just about 5 weeks ago, they were only the size of walnuts.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 28 Apr 2016 19:42

jasmine2 wrote:The eagle parents have been named "Mr. President" and "The First Lady".
jasmine2 wrote:Today the winning eaglet names were announced. They are - Liberty and Freedom.

And The First Lady's brother is named, Sam, I bet. ;)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

ThePurple

Postby ThePurple » 28 Apr 2016 22:25

HAGART wrote:
jasmine2 wrote:The eagle parents have been named "Mr. President" and "The First Lady".
jasmine2 wrote:Today the winning eaglet names were announced. They are - Liberty and Freedom.

And The First Lady's brother is named, Sam, I bet. ;)

:(

:o

:lol:

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 30 Apr 2016 23:59

I'm guessing it took some time, but you got the joke. ;)

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 05 Jun 2016 21:08

The young eagles are getting restless and are starting to jump around and flap their wings, so I think they will be leaving their nest very soon. They live close to a river, and their parents will help them learn how to catch fish.

It is intriguing to imagine what a huge life transition young birds make. They've just been eating and growing and hanging around the nest all day, probably feeling pretty bored. Then, within just a few days, they suddenly begin to experience the amazing freedom of soaring through the sky - like Harry Potter without needing a magic broom.

I wish you well, eagles Freedom and Liberty. May you live long and prosper.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 05 Jun 2016 21:41

Eagles don't soar from place to place like Harry Potter. In their minds, they're simply walking there. :D

Where's the Fishcam? God help the fish! They are named... oh I don't know... some sort of American two things... Money and Greed. Yes!

I feel so sorry for Greed who got snatched up by Liberty, an angry bird, and bitten twice before being swallowed alive, and Money was snatched in an eddy behind a small rock and gobbled up, by Freedom, with water spraying as it shook it's head to let the screaming fish slip down it's gullet.

Poor Money and Greed were just minnows. Those baby eagles are monsters!

(This was just comedy, Jasmine2. Animals are cute, but I have to joke and put a spin on it.)

Return to “Off-Topic”