WBTB WILD attempt 4 hours + any point?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
neil

WBTB WILD attempt 4 hours + any point?

Postby neil » 21 Mar 2016 13:26

WILD Advice please - WBTB. Wake 1.30/2.00 toilet, drink, review dreams, BTB relaxation, observe thoughts etc, Hypnagogic imagery, wierd but enjoyable sensations in body, do this for 4 or 5 hours, get out of bed and go to work, (fall asleep in work!). Only tried this 6 times so realise need time/practice but; is there any point using WBTB and then staying awake for 4 hours? was thinking.. WBTB is to disturb REM, or get you closer to REM than first going to sleep, correct? but if I have been awake for 4 hours attempting WILD then has that 'reset' the cycle, ie am I just as far away from REM as when I first went to bed at night, so if I did fall asleep at say 5 am (I never do) would I still be hours away from a dream? If that is the case is there any point in doing WBTB then persisting for 4 hours? Is there a time when I should just give up get some sleep and leave for another night?

taniaaust1

Re: WBTB WILD attempt 4 hours + any point?

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Apr 2016 22:14

dont keep doing this like this as even if it did start working you dont want to be developing a habit and hence programming this to yourself in which it takes hrs to have a lucid. if its taking more when 45mins to get back to sleep when trying, i suggest to do things differently

to have a lucid probably the most important thing is to be able to get to sleep. if u cant get back to sleep you've stayed up to long or woken up to late re the wbtb. you need to experiment with how long u should stay up for and what time to wake up

also with watching images, u could be overstimulating your mind hence no sleep, you need to keep in mind that u need to allow yourself to let go and go to sleep. sometimes people try to hard.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

neil

Re: WBTB WILD attempt 4 hours + any point?

Postby neil » 18 Apr 2016 23:07

Thanks mate, that sounds like good advice. I do get over stimulated, the images and sensations are really cool and stimulating but leave my feeling full of energy, in fact when I get out of bed I feel great for a few hours, so it is not all bad :D

Return to “For Beginners”