HYPNAGOGIA AND MEMORY

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Luciddreamer007

HYPNAGOGIA AND MEMORY

Postby Luciddreamer007 » 27 Mar 2016 14:37

Hey guys,

sometimes when Im taking a daytime nap i get typical hynagogic visions. Sometimes they're simple images an other times they're like more complex, random and surrealistic movie scenes that last maybe 10 seconds. During all this time Im aware of my body and that Im not asleep, I dont even enter sleep paralysis yet.

The fact is, that when those "movie scenes" appear, I can barely remember them the moment after they vanish.
They're like very short dreams that are difficult to recall.
But if I see tose random images, I can rememeber them very clearly.

Its kinda strange
everything is amplificated in dreams except memory

expect the unexpected

A LD is like being drunk: the morning after you dont remember everything, you get horny and when you hit the ground you dont feel pain

Skippy23000

Re: HYPNAGOGIA AND MEMORY

Postby Skippy23000 » 31 Mar 2016 17:24

This is something new I have been trying. YOU try it and see where it takes you.
Robert Waggoner, in his book Lucid Dreams: Gateway to the Inner self, discovered that there is an awareness other than his, behind the lucid dream. Now when he lucid dreams, he shouts out to the Lucid Dream and the consciousness behind the dream to show him something different that he needs to see. It seems to work

I decided to try this with hypnagogia, telling the consciousness behind it to show me something I need to see. I have had some success with this. It may take a couple times but it the technique is working for me.
Sometimes I will actually hear a voice. Other times I am suddenly dreaming something I need to see.

Get Waggoners book or listen to the interviews on YouTube.
Good luck

Luciddreamer007

Postby Luciddreamer007 » 01 Apr 2016 13:56

Thanks for the advice Skippy2300
everything is amplificated in dreams except memory

expect the unexpected

A LD is like being drunk: the morning after you dont remember everything, you get horny and when you hit the ground you dont feel pain

Skippy23000

Postby Skippy23000 » 05 Apr 2016 12:54

Tried B6 and with Melatonin for the first time last night. WHAT A RIDE!
Extremely vivid dreams.
AT the outset I started with the classical lucid dream OB experience but did
not get very far. As the experience went on I drifted into normal...no ABNORMAL dreaming. EXTREMELY vivid but nothing nightmarish like some people have reported.
As I am absorbed by the dreaming state I completely forgot that I was dreaming. As the dreams advanced I actually meet a character along the way who says he teaches lucid dreaming. I realized when I awoke later that I should have realized I was again dreaming and took control of my dream state. AGGGGHHHHH!!!!

What bothers me is that with all that vividness and even a HINT from my dream character that I might be dreaming it went over my head. I was just to absorbed in the dreaming.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”