Pain Intensity

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
merya

Pain Intensity

Postby merya » 28 Mar 2016 23:35

Recently I have been thinking about having a child in my lucid dreams. Now, I have yet to experience pain in an LD, and I was wondering if I were to give birth in one of my dreams, would it feel like the real thing? Does pain feel as real in LDs as it does in reality?

ThePurple

Re: Pain Intensity

Postby ThePurple » 07 Apr 2016 03:34

You can definitely experience pain, but, as with other aspects of lucid dreaming, your expectations guide the nature and intensity of it.

If you've never had a child in real life, the dreamed sensation probably won't be very accurate, as there is no model for the experience. I'm sure it would still be interesting, though... Let us know if you try!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Apr 2016 23:13

in dreams you are likely to create whatever you think so if you think you will feel pain, you most likely will do so.

Be aware that as dreams can intensify things, they are also quite capable of intensifying pain experiences too, so try to remember that you can control your dreams and how you feel in them. (though if one gets suddenly intense pain, it can make it impossible to control if overwhelmed with pain, leaving one with no choice but to wake oneself up.. so if you want to experience childbirth, keep the pain down to a minimum so you can keep the level you are feeling under control)..
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

yosa2

Postby yosa2 » 21 Apr 2016 01:51

Here is the rub, its up to your mental awareness and belief. I get sex dreams all the time, usually with Gillian Anderson or Some other sexy actor, no way can I feel it, the result of knowing its not real.

I have real injuries in my joints and they hurt, last vampire that ripped my chest open, well I felt that and woke up gasping.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”