Newbe

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Skippy23000

Newbe

Postby Skippy23000 » 29 Mar 2016 14:23

Hello:
I am seventy years old. I have been lucid dreaming for years but now in my
senior years I notice my lucid dreaming is on the decline. The usual techniques
of dream incubation no longer seem to work.

Because my memory has also been on the decline I have seen a neurologists
who has put me on Donepezil 10mg for mild memory loss. It is similar though not
identical to Galatamine but has had a propound impact on my lucid dreaming when
I first began to take it. I take it with 10mg of Melatonin. More than that makes
me groggy in the morning. But even the Donepezil with Melatonin seems to be wearing off.
I'm perhaps building up a resistance?

I am wondering if there are other seniors out there who has noticed a decline in their
lucid dreaming along with memory loss or just from ageing in general.

I only recently came across Robert Waggoners book: Lucid dreaming Gateway to the
Inner-self, and hoped to apply the technique of directing my attention, not to the dream
characters but, "to the consciousness behind the dream." I had never heard of this before.

As I said, the usual techniques of lucid dreaming no longer appear to work for me. I do
dream profusely yet never remember to realize I am dreaming. Even the most blatant
absurdities in my dreams seem perfectly normal, when In fact I should be SEEING how
absurd they are and realize I am dreaming.

RobertForsythe

Re: Newbe

Postby RobertForsythe » 01 Apr 2016 02:26

Skippy23000 wrote:Hello:

I am wondering if there are other seniors out there who has noticed a decline in their
lucid dreaming along with memory loss or just from ageing in general.

I only recently came across Robert Waggoners book: Lucid dreaming Gateway to the
Inner-self, and hoped to apply the technique of directing my attention, not to the dream
characters but, "to the consciousness behind the dream." I had never heard of this before.

As I said, the usual techniques of lucid dreaming no longer appear to work for me. I do
dream profusely yet never remember to realize I am dreaming. Even the most blatant
absurdities in my dreams seem perfectly normal, when In fact I should be SEEING how
absurd they are and realize I am dreaming.

Hi Skippy, I am about ten years behind you.
When I was about 35 years old I tried melatonin and it did nothing at all. I tried it again about 5 years ago and it made a very noticeable difference in my dreaming. My dreams became much more vivid.
Yes, I think it does lose effectiveness if used every day... I take it maybe three nights a week now at the most. Sometimes I go several weeks without any melatonin pills at all.

The really big bang for the buck is in doing "awareness exercises" during the day -- waking awareness carries over directly into dreaming awareness.

Someone here on this forum posted an excellent summary on this called "all day awareness" -- search that and read that post. It is really ridiculously difficult and do not feel bad if you are not up to the task as described in that essay... just a few minutes each day on that sort of effort will work wonders in your dream world.

Good luck!
How I Project Consciousness In 15 Minutes Or Less & How You Can Too
by Robert Forsythe

Skippy23000

Postby Skippy23000 » 01 Apr 2016 14:38

Thanks for the response.
How did you discover lucid dreaming? What were the circumstances?
For me it was in the late 1970's in Minneapolis Minnesota living just of
the University Campus. I had read about OBE's and decided if there
was anything to it then I'd like to find out for myself. I began diligent
mental visual exercise, me, climbing a rope that went into infinity, pulling myself
up and out of the body. It was quite strenuous but seemed to have the desired
effect. Taking a mid afternoon nap, I awoke to find myself vibrating, as if I
had been plugged into an electrical wall outlet. I recognized that this was what
people talked about who had OBE. The next thing I knew I was out. My feet
touched the floor and PRESTO I was in my room I was elated. "When I turn around
I should see myself in bed!" I did. Much to my surprise I wasn't in bed. The bed was
nicely made up. There was a chair in the corner that didn't belong there.
This all happened in the dead of a Minnesota winter but when I managed to pull
myself up the stair-weld from the subbasement and went outside, it was a beautiful
sunshiny day.
After discovering Stephen LaBerges book Lucid Dreaming, I realized my miss-identification.
I continued to have lucid dreams.
How what about yourself? Has LD had an impact on you?

RobertForsythe

Postby RobertForsythe » 02 Apr 2016 18:00

Consciousness is a major field of study for me.

I had my first experience of the vibrations around 1974 while practicing some Buddhist meditation techniques I had read about in the library. It was very intense and I thought I was a goner. I had read nothing about Astral Projection and never heard of Lucid dreaming at the time. I spent 15-20 years practicing a westernized form of a Kashmiri Yoga School. But I have also explored many various Western Schools as well.

Most of my focus has been in increasing awareness and "raising consciousness" and I have learned A LOT.
How I Project Consciousness In 15 Minutes Or Less & How You Can Too
by Robert Forsythe

ThePurple

Postby ThePurple » 07 Apr 2016 04:07

This may be the link RobertForsythe is referring to, which I have posted elsewhere a few times:
http://www.dreamviews.com/induction-techniques/113253-all-day-awareness-dild-tutorial-kingyoshi.html

Return to “Introduce Yourself”