Awake out of body experience

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
Sarox

Awake out of body experience

Postby Sarox » 30 Mar 2016 16:24

Hello dreamers :)
I'm not sure how to describe this thing i feel...it's so weird that it's nothing like i've ever felt before. Sometimes when i close my eyes right after i go to bed, this out of body experience is happening. I'm awake and my vision starts...what's the english word...flickering? or trembling? it's moving rapidly for like 5 seconds. You know when you close your eyes you see limited black space? Well after that flickering or trembling, that limited black space turns into abyss! I can't even describe how huge this space feels! And I have the feeling like i'm falling inside, like something is pulling me in this abyss through my eyes but it's not pulling my body but my...soul ? haha...As i'm falling, I feel my palms and and foots like they are really small! I mean really small! I actually feel them shrinking! This is not over yet...The sounds in my head are getting louder and louder and more random than usual like someone is mad at me and he's yelling. Also the images i see are clearer than before and refreshing rapidly! All this things are happening simultaneously! Now the big bang - it all stops right after i open my eyes! No weird feelings, nothing at all! This is really intense and i haven't tried staying like this for long time beacause my hearth starts beating faster and..yeah it's scary...
It's not happening often, few times for few months. But i feel like i'm starting to controll it...when i think about it i have 70% of starting...if i can call this controll...
It's only happening at night after i close my eyes (well i don't sleep durring the day). I can't remember since when.
Can anyone explain it? I'm not joking and i will go see a doctor soon. :ugeek:

ThePurple

Re: Awake out of body experience

Postby ThePurple » 08 Apr 2016 07:00

No need to see a doctor, they are the perfectly natural halucinations of hypnagogia, the transition between wakefulness and sleep.

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 09 Apr 2016 22:19

Sarox,
I recommend the following resources.

- Website - dreamstudies.org - Hosted by Ryan Hurd
Includes about 20 informative articles discussing sleep paralysis and hypnagogia

- YouTube - "1995 Robert Monroe Radio Interview on OBEs" - JuicePod OBE TV

- Book - "Journeys Out Of The Body" by Robert Monroe

- Book - "Adventures Beyond The Body" by William Buhlman

- Book - "Lucid Dreams: Gateway To The Inner Self" by Robert Waggoner

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Apr 2016 23:26

this isnt a medical condition at all. You are just getting hypnagogia, being aware of the state between awake and asleep. Just go along with it and enjoy, you have nothing to fear.

You could be quite a natural at WILD (wake induced lucid dreaming) if you tried it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Paranormal Activity”