I NEED ADVICE!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
berggg

I NEED ADVICE!

Postby berggg » 01 Apr 2016 09:40

Lately when I get lucid (mostly by using galantamine) I'm not able to "deepen" so I can do something usefull, even when I use the normal deepening techniques, like rubbing my hands. I'm sometimes blind in my lucid dreams, and very often my vision is blurred. Sometimes it improves, but often not.

Last night I was fully lucid several times and also had a couple of false awakenings. But I was not able to do anything usefull. I tried to undress myself (sex!) but was not able to do it. I'm kind of "paralyzed" in my lucid dreams. Sometimes I can barely move.

I know much of this is normal for beginners. But leately it happens more often than before. Maybe it is because I've started to fear it. Maybe I expect it to happen? I think I stress to much. There is so much I want to do, and I know time is short. Maybe I should just relax and do nothing until I gain more controll?

Skippy23000

Re: I NEED ADVICE!

Postby Skippy23000 » 02 Apr 2016 12:43

"I can do anything useful." ?

:lol:

OK then.

Consider this: the next time you have a lucid dream like this surrender to the dream. Do as Robert Waggoner suggests in his book Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner self. Call out in the dream to the Consciousness behind the dream and state "Show me something new that I need to see." Robert assume that the IS a consciousness, an awareness behind the dream, a kind of Know-er, and INNER SELF HELPER. Try it a few times and see what happens. But by all means get his book. Very valuable information.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 05 Apr 2016 09:26

Lucid dreaming is a catch-22. The more you try the further it gets.
It's best to surrender and deal with what you're given and grow from there.
Keep at it! You're on the right path and there are no easy answers.

There is so much I want to do, and I know time is short. Maybe I should just relax and do nothing until I gain more controll?

YES. You answered your own question. We sometimes move too soon and/or get too excited and the dream collapses and you wake up or enter a false awakening.

Keep at it and figure it out and keep trying. That's my only advice. It comes with practice and familiarity like riding a bike.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Skippy23000

Postby Skippy23000 » 05 Apr 2016 09:47

Last night I took 200mgs of B-6 and Melatonin after reading some lucid dream sites.
http://dreaminglife.org/using-vitamin-b6-for-dream-enhancement-and-lucid-dreams/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11883552

https://www.reddit.com/r/LucidDreaming/comments/277dee/i_tried_b6_vitamin_last_night/

I am flabbergasted! An outdated way of saying “mind blown.” I have not had such intense
dreams for a long time. I got up and wrote the dreams down immediately! If you are having difficulty
jump starting the dream process or can't remember your dreams then you might want to try the
combination of B6 and Melatonin but be warned while the intense vividness is increased many
people have reported bizarre and sometimes nightmarish dreams.

CAUTION: Do not overdose/over do the B6 for lucid dreaming.
https://reneedezvous.wordpress.com/tag/vitamin-b6-overdose/

http://www.nutritionatc.hawaii.edu/HO/2007/378.htm

Though B6 is important, don't overdose
Vitamins are required in such tiny amounts that some people think it is almost impossible to not get enough. In contrast, others believe that vitamins are safe at any dosage sold. Both would be wrong in the case of vitamin B6.
Question: What is vitamin B6?
Answer: Vitamin B6 is also known as pyridoxine, pyridoxal and pyridoxamine. This vitamin is required for more than 100 enzymes essential for body functions. For example, B6 is needed to make blood, to keep the nervous system and the immune system functioning properly, and to regulate blood glucose levels.
Q: How much vitamin B6 does a person need?
A: The Institute of Medicine currently recommends 1.3 milligrams per day for those between the ages of 19 and 50. For those older than 50, the recommendation increases slightly to 1.5 mg for women and 1.7 for men. When a label for a dietary supplement or fortified food indicates 100 percent of the "Daily Value," the product contains 2 mg of vitamin B6 per serving (usually one pill).
Q: What are the symptoms of a vitamin B6 deficiency?
A: This deficiency is rare in the United States. However, many older Americans have low blood levels of the vitamin, indicating a marginal intake. Clinical signs of deficiency include skin inflammation, sore tongue, depression, confusion and even convulsions. Vitamin B6 deficiency also can lead to anemia.
Q: What are the symptoms and consequences of megadoses?
A: Unfortunately, high doses of this vitamin, if taken for too long, can have serious consequences. Excess B6 damages nerves -- especially those in the arms, hands, legs and feet. Symptoms include coordination problems along with sensations of numbness and tingling.
This neuropathy, or nerve problem, resolves gradually after supplementation is stopped, but has resulted in permanent damage in a few cases.
The Institute of Medicine set the tolerable upper intake level for B6 at 100 mg per day from food and supplements combined. However, the Expert Group on Vitamins and Minerals in the United Kingdom established a safe upper limit from supplements at 10 mg per day -- one-tenth the U.S. limit.
A recent case study reported that a woman developed serious neuropathy from taking 100 mg per day for 10 years. So the level of intake for long-term safety is likely lower than the U.S. upper limit of 100 mg.
Many foods contain vitamin B6. Consequently, B6 deficiency is unlikely unless the diet is extremely limited in variety or total food consumed.
Alan Titchenal, Ph.D., C.N.S. and Joannie Dobbs, Ph.D., C.N.S.
are nutritionists in the Department of Human Nutrition, Food and Animal Sciences,
College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources, UH-Manoa.
Dr. Dobbs also works with the University Health Service

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”