What Happened? Please Help!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Kate

What Happened? Please Help!

Postby Kate » 08 Apr 2016 06:37

Ok so last night I was in a dream and realized I was dreaming. I realized that I was drifting back into sleep so I rubbed my hands together to engage focus. Then you know when you close your eyes you see shapes and patterns? That's what I saw then woke up but I swear I heard coins clanging... It was actually really terrifying. What happened? Please help...

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

jasmine2

Re: What Happened? Please Help!

Postby jasmine2 » 09 Apr 2016 22:27

Kate,
It sounds like you had experiences related to hypnagogia, during the borderline state in which part of your mind is asleep and part of your mind is awake.

- I recommend the following -

- Website - dreamstudies.org - Hosted by Ryan Hurd
Includes about 20 informative articles discussing sleep paralysis and hynagogia

- Book - "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway To The Inner Self" by Robert Waggoner

HAGART

Re: What Happened? Please Help!

Postby HAGART » 10 Apr 2016 06:16

Yup, it was just hypnagogia, which not only induces visual hallucinations, but also vivid, auditory ones as well.
We can even experience 'exploding head syndrome' which is when we hear a loud bang and wake up. It's rare though, so nobody should worry about that unless it's chronic.

It can certainly feel disturbing for those who aren't expecting it, and in today's society we have linked hallucinations with being crazy.

I can assure you that it's perfectly normal.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”