First lucid dream after learning about it 1 year ago

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
John had

First lucid dream after learning about it 1 year ago

Postby John had » 10 Apr 2016 12:25

It finally happened! Had my first lucid dream! Only lasted a few seconds but had one. This is what happened:

i was flying through the sky and i went up just above the clouds and looking down i could see the light brown land and sea. i then thought im flying, im dreaming!! then everything started to slowly become more clearer and clearer. i got overwhelmed woth excitment and kept saying im dreamimg im dreaming!! then everything started ro slowly fade away and i woke up in bed feeling happy and exicited about becoming lucid! i wanted to do a reality check so i started to put my fingers through the palm of my hand and they went staright through!! it felt like my fingers went through playdoe! i got excited and said this is a false awakening and im still dreaming!! then a woke up

Does anyone have any tips to stay lucid?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

ThePurple

Re: First lucid dream after learning about it 1 year ago

Postby ThePurple » 12 Apr 2016 05:06

Congrats!

Tips for staying lucid? Modulate your emotions! ;) As you probably realized, both dreams faded when you got excited about your state, so resolve to take it in stride next time. (Don't beat yourself up if it happens again, though.)

The main thing is to engage your senses deeply in the dream world. A good first step is to rub your hands together, observing as the friction generates heat and sound. Move around (calmly) and inspect your surroundings with any and all relevant senses. Touch your body and your surroundings, feel the textures and temperatures, the ground under your feet (if applicable!) and the air on your skin. Look for little details in the objects around you, but don't stare at anything for too long. Listen, smell, taste, twirl...

It's also a good idea to have a plan of action before bed, as standing around wondering what to do with your lucidity is a great way to wake up.

John had

Postby John had » 12 Apr 2016 05:22

Ok thanks. I'll try that next time, hopefully I'll be able to become lucid again very soon! Can't wait

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Apr 2016 16:03

Not bad for a first lucid dream. Even if it was an ephemeral experience, you still found some of its aspects exciting. ThePurple has some good advice there for you. For some reason, prolonged staring in lucid dreams tends to warp or destroy the illusion completely. But the key to holding on is to pay attention to the percepts that the dream world can generate.

Intensify vision, listen in for sounds, feel your feet touching the ground or even the warmth and friction your hands can produce as suggested above. Move around and don't hesitate (having an action plan beforehand helps). Keep your emotions in check and from time to time remind yourself that you are dreaming. If the lucid dream collapses and you feel like you're about to wake up, make an attempt to re-enter it—and it doesn't have to be the same dream environment.

Here's a link that could help you further:
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16442
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”