Scared of Sleep Paralysis (During WILD) Tips?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Kate

Scared of Sleep Paralysis (During WILD) Tips?

Postby Kate » 12 Apr 2016 17:19

So for the past couple of nights I've been trying to get a lucid dream by using the WILD technique. I've never managed to get through to the hypnagogia stage because I freak out when I think sleep paralysis is coming. When I think it does come, I start twitching because the thought of being paralyzed really scares me. (What if I can't get out) Does anyone have the same problem or anyone have tips? Much appreciated.
-Kate

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

samerak32

Re: Scared of Sleep Paralysis (During WILD) Tips?

Postby samerak32 » 12 Apr 2016 19:37

The first time i read abot the WILD method, the author didnt even mention going into sleep paralysis, in my opinion it was a piece of information we were better off not knowing ;), try thinking that wont happen, being stressed and scared will only prolong the time it will take for your body to think that you are asleep, and thus will make it harder for you. Plus meditating regularly is a great to help you with this method since it will help you become relaxed faster than you would normaly be. Good luck :)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 13 Apr 2016 00:34

I recommend article - "9 Ways To Wake Up From Sleep Paralysis"/ Dream Studies - dreamstudies.org - Includes - "The Ultimate Method" - "... scrunch up your face...snarl and squint. Do this two or three times..."

At this same website, hosted by Ryan Hurd, also see about 20 other informative articles about sleep paralysis and hypnagogia.

I also highly recommend book - "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway To The Inner Self" by Robert Waggoner.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 14 Apr 2016 07:53

You can't move forward because you are paralyzed by your own fear. :ugeek:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Apr 2016 23:07

I suggest to stop even trying to LD until you are comfortable with the whole possible sleep paralyses idea. Doing this when u are carrying such a fear is very likely to create that experience for you and cause you fear it is is likely to be a horrible experience with other dream manifestations .. that is likely to just then go and create more fear and cause someone to then not want to do LD.

Work on this fear of yours first so you know you have nothing to worry about before you end up creating a not nice experience for yourself.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”