Talking to your subconscious

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
mikeman7918

Talking to your subconscious

Postby mikeman7918 » 13 Apr 2016 05:36

I am yet to have a stable lucid dream so I am yet to try talking to my subconscious, but I have some good things to ask it.

One suggestion I heard for something you could ask your subconscious is why you have any psychological disorders you may have, and I'm autistic so that should make for an interesting conversation. I will post my experience here if I am able to do that.

Has anyone here ever asked their subconscious anything in a lucid dream?

HAGART

Re: Talking to your subconscious

Postby HAGART » 14 Apr 2016 07:31

Yes, I have spoken with my 'subconscious', and posed an interesting question.

Here's the dream excerpt:

I was now talking to a voice coming from nowhere and I acted like I was holding a cell phone to my left ear, and I spoke with my subconscious over the 'phone'. I asked, "Are you my subconscious?" (I didn't expect a straight up answer), but a female voice said, "Yes." So I got deep and asked a question I had day dreamed about in the day. I asked, "From your point of view are you conscious and am I subconscious?" She laughed! She said, "You are barely conscious." I said, "So you think you're smarter than me?!" (I was just joking around and poking fun. I always think my DC's are smarter than me.) I asked, "Where are you now?" (Remembering I use to be on that bus earlier in the dream). I then said, "I'm in Chinatown". (I thought it would be hard to explain Stanley Market and Hong Kong memories from childhood to her as if she were a perfect stranger, so I just simplified it for some reason). She said, "I am nowhere." I said, "Do you want me to bring you here?" (Like creating a physical incarnation of her). She said, "Why don't you come here to the dead zone?" I was a little spooked by her word choice. I had to ask, "Did you say, 'Dead Zone'?" She said, "It's not as scary as traditions in Chinatown!"

I have many others, but that was the first one to come to mind and unlike most lucid dreams, I was able to record that one verbatim. I knew where to find it to copy/paste it from another thread easily. I won't explain it. It's just an interesting story, and chalk it up to my own waking inner speech dialogue on acid.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Skippy23000

Postby Skippy23000 » 15 Apr 2016 17:06

Hargart:
Thanks for sharing that Lucid dream.
You wrote It was just an interesting lucid dream? Does that imply you
don't take LD's or any dream for that matter, seriously. Just wondering.
Skippy

ThePurple

Postby ThePurple » 15 Apr 2016 17:53

Skippy23000 wrote:Hargart:
Thanks for sharing that Lucid dream.
You wrote It was just an interesting lucid dream? Does that imply you
don't take LD's or any dream for that matter, seriously. Just wondering.
Skippy

Not HAGART, but can you clarify what you mean by taking something seriously?

Skippy23000

Postby Skippy23000 » 15 Apr 2016 21:24

Well, If you say it was just an interesting dream it sounds as though your
suggesting that THAT'S IT. Nothing more. Not very useful other than a
conversation piece. Nothing wrong with that but I wonder if he see's it as
something MORE? A valuable inroad to an understanding of himself. I'm not
suggesting there is something spiritual or not. It may well be, or it may not.
But for me as a looking glass into hidden regions of my own inner life, it
has been useful. Also it has given be a glimpse into non-local reality. That
by itself was and still is a remarkable insight...expanded my view of my world. Notice
I said my world, not someone else's. Others my not be able to accommodate such a
proposition as non-local reality. I had my first experience years ago with my first
so called lucid out of body experience. In the dead of a Minnesota winter I experienced
the classical electrical buzzing sensation. Then there was the "feeling" leaving
the body. I was elated, but when I turned around thinking I would see myself
in bed I WAS NOT THERE! And there was a chair in the room that should not have
been there. I went out side to find it a beautiful sunshiny day. Winter had vanished.
Up the street on 15th and University there were brand new buildings. The old ones were gone.
Enjoying myself I walked over a few blocks to Marshall High School. It was there but it was not the same.
It looked as though it had been remolded. I left Minnesota in 1981. In 2001 driving back from
Indiana, I decided to drive back through and see the old stomping grounds. Much to my amazement
there were the new buildings I had seen in my first Lucid dream experience. AND the old high school
was now a vocational school. The building had undergone extensive remodeling. I've many
other non-local experiences with remote viewing.

For me Lucid dreaming is more than just a conversation piece. Im just wondering
how Hargart views it based on his experiences with lucid dreaming. I am not in anyway looking
to denigrate some else's experience.
Skippy

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 15 Apr 2016 22:08

Skippy23000 wrote:Well, If you say it was just an interesting dream it sounds as though your
suggesting that THAT'S IT. Nothing more. Not very useful other than a
conversation piece.

A conversation about an interesting dream can be useful. But, how could it have been more useful otherwise? Are you saying that discussing dreams as simply being dreams (brain products) is taking the matter less seriously?

Skippy23000 wrote:Also it has given be a glimpse into non-local reality.

How is it non-local if it's being generated by your brain?

Skippy23000 wrote:That by itself was and still is a remarkable insight...expanded my view of my world. Notice I said my world, not someone else's. Others my not be able to accommodate such a
proposition as non-local reality.

What if you narrowed your scope about the world by expanding the view of your world. You may be adding elements which don't exist and clouding your understanding of reality as it truly is.

Skippy23000 wrote:I had my first experience years ago with my first
so called lucid out of body experience. In the dead of a Minnesota winter I experienced
the classical electrical buzzing sensation. Then there was the "feeling" leaving
the body. I was elated, but when I turned around thinking I would see myself
in bed I WAS NOT THERE! And there was a chair in the room that should not have
been there.

An inaccurate dream replica of the real world from memory, expectation and subconscious distortions. There was never a separation either, only the illusion of such. Everything in dreams is an illusion; nothing is actual including space and movement.

Skippy23000 wrote:I went out side to find it a beautiful sunshiny day. Winter had vanished.
Up the street on 15th and University there were brand new buildings. The old ones were gone.
Enjoying myself I walked over a few blocks to Marshall High School. It was there but it was not the same.
It looked as though it had been remolded. I left Minnesota in 1981. In 2001 driving back from
Indiana, I decided to drive back through and see the old stomping grounds. Much to my amazement
there were the new buildings I had seen in my first Lucid dream experience. AND the old high school
was now a vocational school.

Not so fast. Memory of anything can be a tricky thing. False memory is rife even regarding dreams. And then there is coincidence but I am pretty sure you'll reject this one too.

Skippy23000 wrote:For me Lucid dreaming is more than just a conversation piece.

Same here. It's fun! :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Skippy23000

Postby Skippy23000 » 15 Apr 2016 23:17

"Not so fast. Memory of anything can be a tricky thing. False memory is rife even regarding dreams. And then there is coincidence but I am pretty sure you'll reject this one too."

Why would you be so sure?

Hhahahaha. I have no reason to do either. It's possible that it could be a false memory...or not. I've seem many times in sleep when awakening where my brain created memories that were not real. But should I assume all memories fall into the same category.that does not seen wise to me. As for coincidence, I think
that get over used far too often. I've done too many remote viewing targets where I hit the target dead on for coincidence to be used against it.
So am I making a mistaken assumption to think you DON'T think non-local awareness is for real? Just curious. I'm not interested in dissuading anybody of anything.
Skippy

Skippy23000

Postby Skippy23000 » 15 Apr 2016 23:35

"An inaccurate dream replica of the real world from memory, expectation and subconscious distortions. There was never a separation either, only the illusion of such. Everything in dreams is an illusion; nothing is actual including space and movement. OFT"

Of that I have to agree. Kennith Ring posited the idea in his early book Life at Death that it is probable that the OBE is a FEELING of leaving the body...a metaphor that there is an expansion or alteration of consciousness taking place. Nothing is leaving the body. There is only consciousness expanding. That sounds more reasonable to me.

Of course we will never know will we.

I found your comments about Hameroff but you never really told me your take on his over all view about consciousness. Which is Ok. I've watched his youtube videos; not being a scientists it's a lot for me to wrap my head around.

Thanks for your input.
What is your back ground?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 16 Apr 2016 05:02

Skippy23000 wrote:Im just wondering
how Hargart views it based on his experiences with lucid dreaming.

I wrote about that dream and a lot more in a different thread. I will share a link to it, so you can see what I thought about it. It's been so long, I should read it again, because I forget.

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14083

When I said, "It's just a story", I was being humble. I should have said, "It's an amazing story!"
I said I won't explain it, partly because I think she was speaking poetically and I want others to find their own meaning if they want, and it would be very hard to explain and I was too lazy to write more. ;)

In this particular dream, I feel that it was like talking to myself, but I heard the answers so vividly without my inner speech because of the hallucinating nature of dreams. Even right now, when awake you can ask questions to yourself and let the first thing pop into your head and write it all down. You'd be surprised how similar it can be to talking with dream characters once you allow it all to flow naturally.

That's my take on it as of right now. I should research more about 'inner speech'.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 16 Apr 2016 07:28

Strictly ruling out the possibility beyond the physical brain is less interesting to me. Skippy finds interest in a that which he thinks is beyond a blob of brain matter. It is interesting to me to hear the accounts of remote viewing or other things that corroborate something beyond normal understanding. So, more interesting and being open to possibilities.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”