Hello, first time lucid dreamer, started last night

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
samson123x

Hello, first time lucid dreamer, started last night

Postby samson123x » 14 Apr 2016 15:09

Last night was my first time attempting to lucid dream on purpose, i had my phone on my night stand next to me playing an 8 hour binaural beats sound track, ( couldlnt find ear buds so it had to do for a first time) and i kept repeating the phase in my head " i know iam dreaming" , after awhile a tingling feeling came over my hole body, at first i smiled and laughed at it, it was really cool and iv never had that before and i heard that its suppose to happen so it gave me hope it was working. throught out the night i drifted in and out of sleep, sleep only lasted what seemed to be maybe 10 mins each time, i cant remember what i dreamt about. strangely enough i woke up a lot early then i usual do, im a 20 year old so i tend to sleep into 11:00 am but this morning i wake up at 9 fully rested, strange. anyways, that was my first experience last night, i did my realitly check as soon as i got up and did it 3 times, still got 10 fingers... if some one can give me some tips on what to change or give me some insight on my first experience, what i did wrong, what i did right , pleas do, i would love for someone to guild me through this adventure of lucid dreaming. thanks :)

Skippy23000

Re: Hello, first time lucid dreamer, started last night

Postby Skippy23000 » 14 Apr 2016 15:29

CONGRATs. You did nothing wrong.
Just keep practicing. More successes will come.(:-)

samson123x

Postby samson123x » 14 Apr 2016 20:26

thanks skippy! i really appreciate reassuring me on what i doubted, i was so cool and sketchy at the same time, i forgot to mention one thing that i just remembered a few hours ago, when i was having that tingling sensation, at one point it felt like some one was on my chest or covering my mouth making it hard to breath, its what made me wake up one of the times. im a nose breather, and i dont have the flu or anything wrong with my nose. do you know what that is about? your info would be greatly appreciated.

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 15 Apr 2016 00:13

The breathing challenge in half wake, half sleep seems fairly common. I think it is the sensation from having slightly less ability for willful control of some aspects breathing.

Another possibility, some people are unaware of breathing problems when they sleep. Half wake, half asleep might make you more aware of an actual medical problem. If you sleep on your back, it tends to make breathing worse because gravity pulls tissues that lose tone while asleep. It might help cope with gravity to keep airways open more by sleeping on your side with head of bed elevated. Some people use CPAP breathing devices under medical supervision to keep airways open.

MaryMoon

Postby MaryMoon » 28 May 2016 20:16

Hi! Its really exciting when you start lucid dreaming, I guess thats what brought all of us here, looking for advice on how to make it better :)
I would suggest that you keep a small diary beside your bed, and every morning as soon as you wake up, you write everything you remember from your dream, it doesnt matter if it doesnt make sense, youre not trying to write a story for someone, its only so that you are able to be more aware of things while dreaming, making this really helped me with becoming lucid more and more often, so I hope it helps! Also dont forget to reality check daily and several times a day, choose something easy to remember, I count my fingers too! I dont remember having those physical sensations though, all I know is Im already sleeping deeply when I see something weird in my dream and thats when I become lucid and thats all. Just keep on practicing and youll find yourself having more control over it with time ;)
MM
MM

Return to “Introduce Yourself”