Very scary mirror experience

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
MCA_der_Negus

Very scary mirror experience

Postby MCA_der_Negus » 14 Apr 2016 15:19

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and I wanted to share a dream with you that contains mirrors and I never had one of those. First of all I'm german so my English is not perfect, so sorry in advance. ^^

I had many lucid dreams in my years and I remember one of them where I looked into a mirror, but nothing scary happened, I just had different clothes. This night I had a lucid dream with many false awakenings and a truly horrifying experience.

My dream started like this: I was waking up in my bathtub and it was very late. I knew it was pretty late and the water was cold, so I wanted to get out of the bathtub and go to bed. Right above the sink I have a mirror and I saw myself very weird looking and my eyes were staring at me like they would look trough me. I had foam all over my face form the bath and It looked like my mirror image suffered from something and I even had a slight feeling that my mirror image was asking for help, I don't know how to describe it. At this moment I knew I was dreaming and I heard lots of creepy voices and then I woke up (I was still dreaming)

I thought I was awake and I wanted to tell my dad about this dream and he said "Yes I had this kind of dream too". That was weird and suddenly I was on my way to work and I asked my co-worker if she ever had a dream like this and she said "No, I don't know what you mean."

After that I had another false awakening and I was very very confused. I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and I looked in the mirror and AGAIN I saw myself very weird and now even evil looking. I had a very creepy looking smile and my mirror image told me "HAHAHA are you still afraid?" I knew again that I was dreaming after that and I wanted to leave the bathroom and I woke up now for real. I had goosebumps all over my body and I was sooooo cunfused. This had such an big impact to me that I wanted to share this with you guys.

I heard about scary things like that, but this? This was very unsettling.

IceMobster

Re: Very scary mirror experience

Postby IceMobster » 15 Apr 2016 03:13

MCA_der_Negus wrote:.

Damn! I got goosebumps just from reading this. :shock:

ThePurple

Postby ThePurple » 15 Apr 2016 18:02

MCA_der_Negus wrote:I heard about scary things like that, but this? This was very unsettling.

It sounds like you've heard so many stories that you expected to be scared. Your mind obliged and presented the things it knew would get under your skin.

Never underestimate the power of expectation.

But, recognize your ability to change them, and use them to your advantage. Read good stories, remind yourself of your successes, expect to be able to do everything you want to and remain in control. If you truly believe it will work, it will.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 15 Apr 2016 20:58

Such experiences could even become your dream cues should they arise again. Every time you notice that your reflection isn't right, you must be dreaming ... Bam! Lucidity. 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

ThePurple

Postby ThePurple » 16 Apr 2016 01:34

Summerlander wrote:Such experiences could even become your dream cues should they arise again. Every time you notice that your reflection isn't right, you must be dreaming ... Bam! Lucidity. 8-)

Good point. Recognizing such distortions for what they are rather than attempting to rationalize and remain unaware can be a challenge, though. I often find myself to be incredibly dim-witted and gullible in my dreams. I assume the solution is more meditation / mindfulness / awareness / critical state tests generally, but further insight would be much appreciated.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 16 Apr 2016 13:47

I second that.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

MCA_der_Negus

Postby MCA_der_Negus » 16 Apr 2016 15:13

Thank you everyone for the feedback.

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 17 Apr 2016 02:11

I recommend -
- Search - "Lucid Dreaming Experience" - dreaminglucid.com - September 2013 Issue
Free online magazine - This issue contains several interesting articles about mirrors appearing in lucid dreams.

- "Past Issues/Lucid Dreaming Experience Magazine" - dreaminglucid.com
Browse free archive of 15 years of past issues (quarterly)

Website - Dream Studies Portal - dreamstudies.org - Hosted by Ryan Hurd - Ryan's articles about sleep paralysis and hypnagogia (about 20), help the reader to overcome fear of strange phenomena which may occur in borderline sleep states. This attitude can also be beneficial when encountering any weird or threatening imagery or emotions within ordinary and lucid dreams. Remind yourself that visionary experiences in dreams are all creations of ones own mind.

elz

Postby elz » 17 Apr 2016 14:59

hi MCA-der-Ngas

Im thinking that seeing your reflection could be your brain letting you know you are dreaming, I dont know any technical terms as ive always lucid dreamed with no practise since childhood but my nan used to tell me stuff a lot as she was natural lucid dreamer too (and my sis, my kids, my grandkids too) something will happen in the dream and let you know you are dreaming, say the mirror in your case.... with me it used to be that i would think i was awake, get out of bed to go toilet or drink of water and as soon as i flicked the light switch it would either light for a nanosecond then pop or turn on and instantly go out, this was the cue to 'go and have fantastic adventures' in your dreams .... if it is the trigger you may find times when the realisation actually wakes you up and you feel cheated, but if you can stay aware and stay asleep then in my nanas words 'anythings possible'

I have no idea how you would manage to stay asleep or continue the dream and take control as like i said ive done this since small child so never had to practise it just comes naturally and until i came across the dream forum i had no idea people practised to achieve this ....

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”