Problems with Lucid Dream

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Destructor

Problems with Lucid Dream

Postby Destructor » 16 Apr 2016 22:15

Hi all! So for some time I practicing Lucid Dream, but I facing with some problems:
1) I not always can change environment, so about creation of something I even do not speak.
2) Dream always have range, for example if I walking through city, the farther from the dream start position, the more difficult to move.
3) Run goes hard, when I running I feel like my legs moving slow-motion.
4) The farther from the dream start position, the more environment becomes distorted.
5) Quite frequently environment are blurry.

All these problems I experiencing when I realize that I am dreaming.
I hope here are people who can explain why I experiencing this problems.
Also I would like to hear opinions of people who experienced same problems.

I'm sorry if I wrote with mistakes, I'm not good at english. :roll:

Summerlander

Re: Problems with Lucid Dream

Postby Summerlander » 16 Apr 2016 23:04

Destructor wrote:1) I not always can change environment, so about creation of something I even do not speak.

Odd things will be more noticeable in lucid dreams than ordinary ones tenfold. And the initial price you pay for lucidity is the corollary that you've become aware that rules don't apply to the present scenario, too; this sets the precedent for an array of doubts befitting a mind wondering if the familiar modus operandi of the waking state will run as smoothly in the new state, which, needless to say, is highly unstable and requires effort. Your best weapons: mindfulness; confidence; belief; proactivity; and an intrepid attitude to making mistakes.

Destructor wrote:2) Dream always have range, for example if I walking through city, the farther from the dream start position, the more difficult to move.

This is typical of out-of-body-type exits from the perceived sleeping-body stencil with me. Movement can become near impossible. But as long as you believe that you have an opposing force that you must fight against, the problem will persist. You see, you are the inadvertent source of the oneiric quandary.

Destructor wrote:3) Run goes hard, when I running I feel like my legs moving slow-motion.

If you believe that you can run like Hussein Bolt because you're in a dream, nothing can stop you but a moment's doubt.

Destructor wrote:4) The farther from the dream start position, the more environment becomes distorted.

The more time passes in a lucid dream, the greater the potential for its instability. Also, the perception of movement may trigger the mental logic that changes should occur. And the change doesn't have to be realistic because you are lucid and perception is, after all, free from the constraints of sensory input from the external world. You are awake and asleep at the same time. The body is in sleep mode but you are awake in dreams.

Destructor wrote:5) Quite frequently environment are blurry.

Amplify your senses, demand clarity, take charge. It is your personal world. Own it. You may not be able to control everything but you can become quite good at making favourable changes. ;)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Destructor

Postby Destructor » 17 Apr 2016 08:34

Summerlander, thanks for detailed explanation ;)
I hope this will help me. 8-)

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 17 Apr 2016 11:07

Good luck! 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “For Beginners”