hi

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
elz

hi

Postby elz » 17 Apr 2016 13:04

hi everyone, I came across your forum while googling for a good 'dream' place to ask for advice/suggestions. Apologies for the length, I just want to give bit of background as it may help someone to offer help to me ..

I have always had lucid dreams, as far back as I can remember, maybe 7 or 8 years old. My sister and my kids both have them too. None of it practised it just happens naturally. Our grandma was really into spirits and stuff and always said we got it from her as she always had same dreams. Because its my natural way of dreaming I have never researched too much about it or anything. I also experience sleep paralysis (which I dont believe is just a case of your mind awake and your body still sleeping but hey thats just my opinion.

I also experience some kind of weird 'moving between worlds' this is hard to describe,but basically I am usually in my own house but its different, (i can also be outside though i never recognise where i am, or inside another building that i again dont recognise) in my own house, the layout, furniture etc is exactly the same but the atmosphere is so wrong, its like a vacuum, no colours, just greyscale and so oppressive feeling, i am fully aware of whats happening when im here and i dont mind the look or feel of the 'place' - think silent hill and thats closest i can describe. What i dont like is the 'things' that are around, mostly in shadows but sometimes out in the open, like some sort of insectoid human reptile hybrid .. pure evil you can feel it..... (again like with the sleep paralysis im unsure if this is a dream .... or im somewhere else) but even this isnt the problem, its harder to control this than in normal 'dreaming', a lot harder but mostly when the things seem to become aware im there they stare then real quickly scuttle off. And sometimes I will choose to stay there and explore, sometimes I want to come back pretty quick, which i can mostly, though occasionally i have to fight with all my strength to get out of it. But I absolutely cannot control the 'whatever it is' I absolutely cannot change the scene, it just wont budge. I cannot even escape through the wall or up and through the roof or down and through the floor, i cannot fly away, i cannot make myself disappear and reappear somewhere else- all that is second nature to me in 'normal' dreams or even nightmares. The most i have ever been able to do is a pathetic 6 inch levitation or float down the stairs - actually none of this bothers me, I dont like the ominous feeling of the 'dreamworld' im in as its a terrifying feeling even when nothing seems to be around but its really no different than watching a top freaky horror film - like i mean when you are concious thinking about it its like 'wow that was wicked' even though the frustration at being 'imprisoned' there is massive

The thing that im needing advice about may sound tame after that but here goes

There is someone who comes in my dreams regularly. Its not happened for such a long time but recently been happening again. Sometimes I feel him at the edges of my 'vision' but i can never ever no matter how hard i try make him come into focus, or get closer to him, i go towards him, he keeps the same distance apart... even when i cant see him i know this is happening........ sometimes he is pretty close to me but i see him sideways on or from the back, ive never seen him front facing. I try to focus he fades or instantly isnt there, hes somewhere else. The rest is hard to explain, I feel I know him or should know him.... I feel he for sure knows me..... He never ever does anything hes just there, i dont feel threatened by him but for some reason i feel i should. The only facts i can give are this

1. I feel 100% its male
2. He appears in different clothing each time - last night 3 times he appeared, once in like bikers clothing, the other twice i couldnt focus on him properly
3. He never ever interacts with me or the dream in any shape form or way
4. I feel he has some information or something earth shattering that i want to know - this i guess could be imagination due to his elusivness
5. He can appear in any dream, but never ever appears in the situation i described above
6. He leaves as silenty as he comes, one minute i am aware hes there, the next i know hes not there and i feel a sort of pang of sadness that again i havent been able to speak to him
7. Sometimes he kinda floats in front of me and i try to follow him but get distracted so easily which isnt my usual method of dreaming, i can focus really well normally

8. while he appears in normal dream landscapes/situations etc there is usually something else going on in my dream and he butts in by appearing but doesnt really interfere with my dream, hes just there..... sometimes, the tone of my dream changes to a weird feeling of when you are kids and having great fun then an adult will hush you and you feel your jolly factor go down a few notches. Sometimes I feel annoyed hes there, sometimes i ignore him and just go on with my dreaming

But occasionally he also appears and changes my dream and i cant for the life of me change it back, when this happens its just a far stretching nothingness, no sound, no building, no sense of anything under my feet or around me, its dark but i can see... just theres nothing there to see

Theres more to this and the 'other world type' dreams i get with the creatures but this is basically the nitty gritty of the situations

I would be truly grateful if anyone could shed some light on this, if anyone can suggest how to take proper control of the weird atmosphere when i see the creatures and if anyone could suggest who the man may be and why he keeps coming but doesnt seem to be a reason for him to be there. I am 100% certain this isnt a normal dream character ... no way.... same with the weird creatures i meet in the other sort of 'dreams' i truly believe in that situation i am not in our world at all and not in a dream world, i feel this is somewhere real and somehow im going there when im sleeping

thank you :)

Pilgrim

Re: hi

Postby Pilgrim » 18 Apr 2016 05:27

Elz,

Thanks for spending the time to introduce to us. There would be a lot of diversity from responders based on presuppositions of worldview. Some very skilled lucid dreamers do not believe in the supernatural. They would respectfully suggest that your experience is entirely generated by your physical brain.

It appears from your story that you believe that there exists malevolent spiritual entities. If you believe in benevolent spiritual entities too, do these good beings offer any source of protection, peace, and love?

My own presuppositions are for Christian theism. So, I do believe there exists both good and evil spirits (angels, for example). I also believe that God has power over and ultimately is in control of the whole process. Why, then, does evil exist is a valid question. Ultimately, I trust the reasoning for "the problem of evil" as I understand Scriptures. (The common "freewill defense" to reconcile how God could allow evil to exist provides a logically possible explanation. It is just not the position I take.)

Is your worldview open to God as a possible solution? I think that fellowship with God has worked for me. Even if I am wrong in my interpretation of experience, it works to give me peace while awake and asleep. (I am not a church goer, so I am surely not recruiting for a particular group.)

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 18 Apr 2016 06:58

Elz, have you talked in person with a counselor, clergy, or someone supportive in your local area?

Skippy23000

Postby Skippy23000 » 21 Apr 2016 19:19

Hello Elz:

What part of the world are you from? Just curious.
Does your family history have these experiences as well?

Your dream description sounds interesting. I think many people, upon hearing your description,
would say you are close to your Inner Guide. Assuming as so many do that we all have at least one Inner Guide or Higher Self (Guardian Angel if you wish). Some will be more careful with their choice of words and just say you are experiencing some psychic energy or psychological factors. Personally I am more comfortable with a "higher-self" as opposed to some other designations.

Dr.Ernest Hilgard, 1904-2001, Standford University, discovered what he called a "Hidden-Observer" while working with patients with hypnosis. While hypnosis is suspect and not taken seriously by much of main-stream science, it should be noted that many others before Hilgard stumbled upon the same hidden phenomena within the human psyche. Hilgard referred to it as the ISH or Inner-Self helper.

More recently (well, not all that recently) Dr. Ralph Allison (see his website http://www.dissociation.com/)
Licensed by American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Psychiatry. Came across this phenomena while working with Multiple Personalities, another area that draws heavy skepticism. He wrote a book called Minds In Many Pieces describing his experiences.

If your at all interested go to his website and read some of his papers written on a layman's level thank god! Collected Works, Volume II, One Hillside Strangler and "Other Selves" Who Kill
Never-before-published court reports about Ken Bianchi, one of the L.A. Hillside Stranglers, are included in this collection of Dr. Allison’s papers about his work in courts and corrections. See how he came to understand how the “other selves” who killed were not dissociated Alter-Personalities but Internalized Imaginary Companions (IIC) capable of heinous crimes. These IIC were not a legal excuse but an explanation. Follow Dr. Allison from one confusing criminal to another he met during the dozen years he worked in a state prison.

He too discovered an Inner Self helper but also fragments of personality capable of taking over and capable of heinous crimes. I don't think I have ever heard of lucid dreamers talking about these hidden sub personalities, though I have read accounts of tiny midgets disappearing through walls, in these dreams. Are these mere sub personalities? I have no idea. However if you read some of his published work found on his website he does seem to have gone around the bend, but who can say.

Robert Waggoner (yes I am going to mention him and his book again much to the chagrin of a few people on the forum) in his book Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to The Inner-Self, talks a lot about a consciousness behind our dreams and brings up Hilgards Inner-Self helper. Are they one and the same? Probably but it is still speculation.

I am not suggesting you are a multiple personality! :lol: I am only pointing out that this 'Other"
this "Inner Guide" has been noticed by other people in the academic fields of Psychology and Psychiatry.
I doubt you need their kind of help :lol: In my opinion it shows that there IS some inner psychic process at work in us all that makes itself known or may try to. At this point it is speculation so what name you give it is not so important, but be assured some people out there will cringe. :lol:

"I have always had lucid dreams as far back as I can remember."

If you KNOW that you are dreaming, then yes, they are lucid dreams, regardless if you don't seem to have control. Control in your dreams is a matter of expectation and intention and how well you you understand the nature of LD.

"sometimes, the tone of my dream changes to a weird feeling of when you are kids and having great fun then an adult will hush you and you feel your jolly factor go down a few notches." I won't ask you what you have been doing in your dreams! :lol:

The next time you have a lucid dream, try asking the dream character, that person that dream character what he represents. Ask for clarification as to what he wants and what he is trying to communicate to you. Read Waggoners book. It's not expensive.

Practice incubating lucid dreams. Deliberately enter the dream state with the intention of exploring your inner self. Speak with that "Other" and find out what is going on.

Hope you continue to share with the forum your experience and let us know how things are working out. We can all learn from each others encounters.

Skippy

Return to “Introduce Yourself”