extending length of lucid dreams

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
lucidity4life

extending length of lucid dreams

Postby lucidity4life » 19 Apr 2016 03:34

anyone have a problem with becoming lucid but it not lasting very long? tips?

ThePurple

Re: extending length of lucid dreams

Postby ThePurple » 21 Apr 2016 06:18

Here's a good thread on this:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16442

An excerpt:
Summerlander wrote:the principle behind all of them is CARPE SOMNIA MUNDI (seize the dream world). One way to do this is to amplify the senses in the lucid dream. What does the dream world FEEL like? Bring clarity to your vision; touch dream objects (this includes your phantom body) and assess their properties; pay attention to audition; taste food and drink; and move around! Avoid pausing to think and avert hesitation as actions from uncertainty can bring about abrupt awakenings. (You really can't afford to go without an action plan if you want your lucid dream to last!) If the dream world shows signs of fading in any way, shape or form, intensify what has dimmed. If the environment continues to fade despite your efforts, quickly grasp a dream object, and, if you are still holding it whilst perceiving yourself to be lying in bed, you are still dreaming! Just get out of bed and quicken your surroundings to reasonable realism.

The whole thread is worth a look...

Skippy23000

Postby Skippy23000 » 21 Apr 2016 11:06

Sometimes that happens to me but usually, for me, it has to do with
how deeply I am dreaming. If I'm not dreaming that deeply mine tend
to be short LD. When I think I am going to lose the dream I practice
spinning as advised by LaBerge, but even in lite dreams that does not seem
to help me much.
Skippy

Skippy23000

Postby Skippy23000 » 21 Apr 2016 17:49

"You can't afford to go without an action plan..." is good advice.
I have a bucket list of questions personal to me that I want to pose to the
"consciousness" behind the dream. I choose one or two and carry them with me into
the dream state. Unfortunately the bucket list is growing faster than the number
of my lucid dreams! :lol:
Skippy

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 24 Apr 2016 00:03

Consider the lucid dream your entire reality at the moment and don't think about who you are in waking life.

Of course how deep a sleep is will make a difference too, and I have banged my head on the ground trying to wake up with no avail, and also have those 5 second lucids. I've experienced both extremes and also everything in between. It's still a hit or miss for me and don't know the magic formula.

But if it fades away, and you stay perfectly still and focus on the dream as if it were your entire reality, you can slip back in again, which ends up being some great lucid dreams starting from your own bed, in my experience. You can get many in a row if you're lucid, or else they become false awakenings, which can be really tricky. Some call it dream chaining, some call it DEILD, I just call it fun, and it works.

Not always, but when it does, IT DOES!

So when a lucid dream fades, don't give up on it. Just relax and see what happens next. You'll be surprised.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

lucidity4life

Postby lucidity4life » 24 Apr 2016 02:56

preciate it

lucidity4life

Postby lucidity4life » 24 Apr 2016 23:54

basically what I have to work on is KEEPing myself lucid. I've made the mistake of focusing on using tactics to stay lucid longer only during the first few moments of the lucid dream. I'm going to ->consistently<- remind myself throughout the lucid dream that i'm lucid. I have a few tactics in mind. One is to write it on my hand in the dream. Another is to continue to do dream checks in the lucid dream. Are there any other pointers anyone has? p.s. try the combo of ginkgo and damiana guys it works great. damiana on its own is an oneirogen and the ginkgo helps with memory. excellent combinatoin

lucidity4life

Postby lucidity4life » 24 Apr 2016 23:55

Thank u I will do this!

ThePurple wrote:Here's a good thread on this:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16442

An excerpt:
Summerlander wrote:the principle behind all of them is CARPE SOMNIA MUNDI (seize the dream world). One way to do this is to amplify the senses in the lucid dream. What does the dream world FEEL like? Bring clarity to your vision; touch dream objects (this includes your phantom body) and assess their properties; pay attention to audition; taste food and drink; and move around! Avoid pausing to think and avert hesitation as actions from uncertainty can bring about abrupt awakenings. (You really can't afford to go without an action plan if you want your lucid dream to last!) If the dream world shows signs of fading in any way, shape or form, intensify what has dimmed. If the environment continues to fade despite your efforts, quickly grasp a dream object, and, if you are still holding it whilst perceiving yourself to be lying in bed, you are still dreaming! Just get out of bed and quicken your surroundings to reasonable realism.

The whole thread is worth a look...

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 25 Apr 2016 01:53

lucidity4life wrote:I've made the mistake of focusing on using tactics to stay lucid longer only during the first few moments of the lucid dream. I'm going to ->consistently<- remind myself throughout the lucid dream that i'm lucid. I have a few tactics in mind.

Rubbing your hands together works well. I can attest to that. Remembering to do it is hard, but I should and will get in the practice of that again.

Once you finish a goal or task in a lucid dream, rub your hands together and ground yourself, remembering who you are again, and that the dream is as real as real can be, and start a new task. Otherwise, it's so easy to fall under the spell of the dream and loose lucidity.

Yes, you have to keep it up constantly during a dream to prolong it and stay lucid with all your wits.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

lucidity4life

Postby lucidity4life » 05 May 2016 13:40

It was easy for me to remember to do it. I did it the first night I found out about it and have ever sense. My problem was I would do it early in the lucid dream and then stop. I need to keep doing it.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”