Everything is better

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
Luciddreamer007
Posts: 60
Joined: 25 Oct 2015 10:56

Everything is better

Postby Luciddreamer007 » 19 Apr 2016 12:50

If LD really take place in some non-physical realms, call it astral or whatever, then I must say that life in those realms is soooo but sooo much more exciting than the earthly life.

You get involved in mindblowing adventures, and missions. YOu can teleport, fly and go through walls. Telepathy is also possible from my experience.

YOu dont really need food or water to survive, but every here and then you can make appear a nice cookie or pizza just with the intnention of having it now and therefore experiencing this sensory delight.

You can always change to some extent you environment, such as crating new paths in the woods just by thinking and visualizing it.

ANd the inuries get healed much quicker than in the earthly plane, from my experience

Im not depressed or anything like that, so dont worry people. Theyre just some thoughts.



Whats you opinion, people?
everything is amplificated in dreams except memory

expect the unexpected

A LD is like being drunk: the morning after you dont remember everything, you get horny and when you hit the ground you dont feel pain

Enra Traz
Posts: 310
Joined: 28 Nov 2014 10:55

Re: Everything is better

Postby Enra Traz » 19 Apr 2016 15:02

I agree with everything you said but would omit the first sentence where you say 'If LDs really take place in some non-physical realm ...'

To me, where lucid dreams take place is irrelevant to how exciting they can be. They can be entirely subjective and still exceed waking life based on the fact that the dream world need not have any restrictions and one's imagination really is the limit. It is just as exciting for a novice to be told to practice lucid dreaming and experience the joys of his/her own personal world where anything is possible.

User avatar
HAGART
Posts: 3201
Joined: 05 Jan 2012 21:09
Location: CANADA

Re: Everything is better

Postby HAGART » 19 Apr 2016 19:02

If you could spend your entire life in a lucid dream, with all desires satisfied immediately at your command, you would eventually grow bored, and question the concept of desire itself. :ugeek:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Luciddreamer007
Posts: 60
Joined: 25 Oct 2015 10:56

Re: Everything is better

Postby Luciddreamer007 » 19 Apr 2016 19:32

HAGART wrote:If you could spend your entire life in a lucid dream, with all desires satisfied immediately at your command, you would eventually grow bored, and question the concept of desire itself. :ugeek:


Yeah you could be right. Maybe due to the fact that Im still young and kinda inmature I want my desires to be fulfilled inmediately
everything is amplificated in dreams except memory

expect the unexpected

A LD is like being drunk: the morning after you dont remember everything, you get horny and when you hit the ground you dont feel pain

User avatar
HAGART
Posts: 3201
Joined: 05 Jan 2012 21:09
Location: CANADA

Re: Everything is better

Postby HAGART » 19 Apr 2016 22:56

We all do. I said it, but it doesn't mean I actually do that. ;)

But I did have a few long lucid dreams in which I ran out of ideas, and realized food tastes better when you work and make it yourself, literally and figuratively. You can't appreciate anything unless you put in the effort. You can't feel sated unless you felt hunger.

I like this quote from Moby Dick by Herman Melville:

“We felt very nice and snug, the more so since it was so chilly out of doors; indeed out of bed-clothes too, seeing that there was no fire in the room. The more so, I say, because truly to enjoy bodily warmth, some small part of you must be cold, for there is no quality in this world that is not what it is merely by contrast. Nothing exists in itself. If you flatter yourself that you are all over comfortable, and have been so a long time, then you cannot be said to be comfortable any more. But if the tip of your nose or the crown of your head be slightly chilled, why then, indeed, in the general consciousness you feel delightfully and unmistakably warm. For this reason a sleeping apartment should never be furnished with a fire, which is one of the luxurious discomforts of the rich. For the height of this sort of deliciousness is to have nothing but the blanket between you and your snugness and the cold of the outer air. Then there you lie like the one warm spark in the heart of an arctic crystal.”
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

User avatar
HAGART
Posts: 3201
Joined: 05 Jan 2012 21:09
Location: CANADA

Re: Everything is better

Postby HAGART » 20 Apr 2016 22:45

Actually, I thought about this more. Lucid dreams can also be negative with nightmares, so it would still balance out the euphoria. It's no different than waking life; it's just amplificated. I forget who's signature on this forum states something like that. ;)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Luciddreamer007
Posts: 60
Joined: 25 Oct 2015 10:56

Re: Everything is better

Postby Luciddreamer007 » 22 Apr 2016 09:01

[quote="HAGART"; it's just amplificated. I forget who's signature on this forum states something like that. ;)[/quote]

yeah right ;)
everything is amplificated in dreams except memory

expect the unexpected

A LD is like being drunk: the morning after you dont remember everything, you get horny and when you hit the ground you dont feel pain

User avatar
Summerlander
Posts: 4200
Joined: 22 Sep 2011 19:52

Re: Everything is better

Postby Summerlander » 17 Jun 2016 00:07

HAGART wrote:food tastes better when you work and make it yourself, literally and figuratively. You can't appreciate anything unless you put in the effort.


I find that I'm completely the opposite; things taste better when they are made by others.

Hagart wrote:“We felt very nice and snug, the more so since it was so chilly out of doors; indeed out of bed-clothes too, seeing that there was no fire in the room. The more so, I say, because truly to enjoy bodily warmth, some small part of you must be cold, for there is no quality in this world that is not what it is merely by contrast. Nothing exists in itself. If you flatter yourself that you are all over comfortable, and have been so a long time, then you cannot be said to be comfortable any more. But if the tip of your nose or the crown of your head be slightly chilled, why then, indeed, in the general consciousness you feel delightfully and unmistakably warm. For this reason a sleeping apartment should never be furnished with a fire, which is one of the luxurious discomforts of the rich. For the height of this sort of deliciousness is to have nothing but the blanket between you and your snugness and the cold of the outer air. Then there you lie like the one warm spark in the heart of an arctic crystal.”


There is truth in that. There are only contrasts and these give rise to definitions. But if you don't have points of reference, things become difficult to describe. How can one describe a circle without the concept of a triangle, square or rectangle? A circle is round as opposed to what? Without the unlikes, said thing ceases to be let alone appreciated for what it is. 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

User avatar
HAGART
Posts: 3201
Joined: 05 Jan 2012 21:09
Location: CANADA

Re: Everything is better

Postby HAGART » 19 Jun 2016 01:46

Summerlander wrote:I find that I'm completely the opposite; things taste better when they are made by others.


You do have a point there. I like to cook, and make some great dishes, but I find fault in everything because I was the one who made it instead of simply enjoying it for what it is when others make it.

However, satisfaction can never be attained without effort.

If you exaggerate that to a lucid dream scenario where there is no effort, and you can taste food directly in your mouth, chew it and enjoy with no work involved and get immediate gratification, why stop there? Why just have a food orgasm when you can have a full body orgasm? Imagine if that lasted forever? Eventually you will get use to it and even want it to stop because it would get annoying. There is a condition where some women have countless orgasms a day, and it's not pleasant, although it may sound so. It actually becomes a living hell. (That's why the concept of Heaven is a Hell in disguise. )

I forget what the scientific term is called, but when doing a thought experiment, take it to the extreme.

Summerlander wrote:There is truth in that. There are only contrasts and these give rise to definitions. But if you don't have points of reference, things become difficult to describe. How can one describe a circle without the concept of a triangle, square or rectangle? A circle is round as opposed to what? Without the unlikes, said thing ceases to be let alone appreciated for what it is.


Yeap! Agreed.
We just get use to the same old, same old, and it becomes normal. We never notice anything unless something changes, otherwise there is no comparison or reference point.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

User avatar
Knife
Posts: 208
Joined: 10 Aug 2013 11:12
Location: Belgium

Re: Everything is better

Postby Knife » 22 Jun 2016 22:08

HAGART wrote:
“We felt very nice and snug, the more so since it was so chilly out of doors; indeed out of bed-clothes too, seeing that there was no fire in the room. The more so, I say, because truly to enjoy bodily warmth, some small part of you must be cold, for there is no quality in this world that is not what it is merely by contrast. Nothing exists in itself. If you flatter yourself that you are all over comfortable, and have been so a long time, then you cannot be said to be comfortable any more. But if the tip of your nose or the crown of your head be slightly chilled, why then, indeed, in the general consciousness you feel delightfully and unmistakably warm. For this reason a sleeping apartment should never be furnished with a fire, which is one of the luxurious discomforts of the rich. For the height of this sort of deliciousness is to have nothing but the blanket between you and your snugness and the cold of the outer air. Then there you lie like the one warm spark in the heart of an arctic crystal.”


I never read this book although I guess it's a classic in America.

I loved reading this passage! I think it's the same concept as "sober living" advised by many religions in order to become more happy. You'll enjoy things more if you are not constantly surrounded by them. One of the reasons I'm sleeping on the floor and turn the water ice cold in the morning. I actually slept one night in my bed last week because I couldn't get to sleep and had to get up at 5. Man I felt like a royalty, like I was the fucking queen with nuts. :roll:

Back to the original topic tho, I'll try to teply as accurate as possible however I'm not a regular LD'er (just yet?).

I felt the same way about life for a long time. I used to escape in gaming in my teens, I guess I could say that would've been my lucid dreaming back then. Yes gaming takes practice too, it takes patience too, but it's nothing compared to real life. When I went to university after highschool I fell into some kind of black hole, dark space(, ... whatever poetic nonsense you'd use to use describe it) , although I wouldn't call myself being depressed at the time.

Difficulties and effort is what makes life worth it homie! Learn to surf the ups and downs 8-) :twisted:
Inherit the earth


Return to “Paranormal Activity”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests